Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current code in the repo uses layout-id 7 for that model.
Both 7 and 5 are valid.
You should try each.

Tried but nothing has changed. It is correct that when I boot Clover, the audio section says: Intel Sunrise Point-LP HDA Controller [8086][9D70] ?

Attachments

• IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
I ran into an interesting glitch. I tried to set up wi-fi sharing with the probook 4440s plugged into an ethernet cable; the wi-fi shut off and couldn't be turned back on. I tried rerunning "wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c" which had seemed to wake up wi-fi in the first place.) Fortunately, I had made a back up of my laptop's disk via CCC. (Backed up before running "wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c" I think) and I got my wi-fi back after running the customizations to EFI from your Guide.

I don't think I'll try wi-fi sharing again, did so more as a test than as a necessity, but I wonder if you know if this is a known problem.

I ran into an interesting glitch. I tried to set up wi-fi sharing with the probook 4440s plugged into an ethernet cable; the wi-fi shut off and couldn't be turned back on. I tried rerunning "wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c" which had seemed to wake up wi-fi in the first place.) Fortunately, I had made a back up of my laptop's disk via CCC. (Backed up before running "wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c" I think) and I got my wi-fi back after running the customizations to EFI from your Guide.

I don't think I'll try wi-fi sharing again, did so more as a test than as a necessity, but I wonder if you know if this is a known problem.

This guide does not use wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.
You should follow the guide as written. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Great. Thanks for testing.

Note: I'm working on a big update in the 'consolidate' branch. Nothing really new there, but a total reorganization of the SSDTs (so only a few SSDTs in ACPI/patched). It also has some changes to the build process to make it easier for me to manage...
Sounds great. If there is any thing I can do to help let me know.

Sounds great. If there is any thing I can do to help let me know.

It is ready to test now.
For example, on my ProBook 4540s, these are the files now in ACPI/patched:
Code:
ProBook-4540s:probook.git Admin$ ls /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
SSDT-4x40s.aml SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml SSDT.aml

It is ready to test now.
For example, on my ProBook 4540s, these are the files now in ACPI/patched:
Code:
ProBook-4540s:probook.git Admin$ ls /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
SSDT-4x40s.aml SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml SSDT.aml
had to make a change
@@ -31,7 +31,7 @@ case "$1" in
inst_lores)
rm -f $EFIDIR/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml
rm -f $EFIDIR/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-*.aml
- cp $CORE $EFIDIR/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
+ #cp $CORE $EFIDIR/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
#cp $BUILDDIR/SSDT-IGPU.aml $EFIDIR/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
cp $BUILDDIR/SSDT-FAN-$FANPREF.aml $EFIDIR/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
;;

I tried with my 850 g3 and i get a black screen. doesn't appear to be brightness keys either can't really tell what is happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back