Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is wrong with my patch process. I opened original plist and new in xCode. Copied RtVariables section from original and posted in new config, deleted original entry in new config and hit save. This is exactly what I thought I did with the very first time I setup the laptop. But looking at the config.plist it doesn't have any of the new patches like you said.

I patched with vim and diffed original and new and only changes are RtVariables but I still have missed something because I have no brightness.

You need to sort out your files...
Your Clover bootlog:
Code:
0:347  0:000  KextsToPatch: 17 requested

But your KextsToPatch in your config.plist has 19.

You're not booting using the config.plist that you attached.
Note that config_prev.plist has only 17 patches (it matches your bootlog).

For you to figure out...

With a USB-C (which is USB3) and another USB3 port, your ioreg should show at least two different SSxx ports being used after testing.

For you to investigate... (eg. pay attention to what is happening in ioreg when you plug devices in...)

Report back with results.
tested again here are the results

Attachments

• KUL’s MacBook Air.zip
    670.1 KB · Views: 67
tested again here are the results

This ioreg still only shows one USB3 port (SS01).
For you to investigate.
Plug devices into each USB3 port and observe the changes in ioreg as you do so.
Report your results.
You should be able to tell me which port in ioreg was observed changing when you used each port on the laptop.

You need to sort out your files...
Your Clover bootlog:
Code:
0:347  0:000  KextsToPatch: 17 requested

But your KextsToPatch in your config.plist has 19.

You're not booting using the config.plist that you attached.
Note that config_prev.plist has only 17 patches (it matches your bootlog).

For you to figure out...
WOHOO! I Figured it out. Of course it was a stupid mistake. I Was booting the SATA drive instead of the NVMe drive.

Now, the brightness appears to be about 1/2 of what it was before the change when maxed out. Is this something I tweak in a SSDT?

WOHOO! I Figured it out. Of course it was a stupid mistake. I Was booting the SATA drive instead of the NVMe drive.

Now, the brightness appears to be about 1/2 of what it was before the change when maxed out. Is this something I tweak in a SSDT?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

DOH! forgot problem reporting files.

Attachments

• ioreg_hp_850_g3.zip
    680.7 KB · Views: 62
  • report.txt.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 64
  • RehabMan.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 67
  • clover_20170405_850_g3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
This ioreg still only shows one USB3 port (SS01).
For you to investigate.
Plug devices into each USB3 port and observe the changes in ioreg as you do so.
Report your results.
You should be able to tell me which port in ioreg was observed changing when you used each port on the laptop.
I guess the USB-C converter that am using to connect only supports USB 2.0 coz when I connect a USB 2.0 device and a USB 3.0 device they are connecting at the same place HS02

DOH! forgot problem reporting files.

You have the same P vs. T profile problem that is being discussed in the backlight thread.
Your workaround now is to use IntelBacklight.kext + Brightness by bergdesign.

I guess the USB-C converter that am using to connect only supports USB 2.0 coz when I connect a USB 2.0 device and a USB 3.0 device they are connecting at the same place HS02

Sounds like it. Was it marketed as compatible with USB3?

Sounds like it. Was it marketed as compatible with USB3?
Yeah it was marketed as USB3 compatible had to wait for almost two weeks for it to arrive, will keep on trying n see whether i can get a better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back