Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely you're doing something to destabilize your kernel cache. Or you didn't apply pre-patch_hda.sh correctly (eg. failed to run it after an update, or had the wrong config.plist on EFI when you ran it).

I tested my lap with the latest Yosemite (although as you said, it's not stable and my lap hang most of the time) but at least the sound is rock solid stable (no pre-patch script needed, simply hot patch). Not even a single time it failed to load. I repeated the procedure of installing all my software and stuff and it didn't affect the sound at all, unlike in El Cap and Sierra.

I still don't understand why the sound is rock stable in Yosemite but not in El Cap and Sierra? Hmm...

I know that is not the right thread, but i'm interested to switch to Sierra from El Cap with my Probook4530s ( fresh install or upgrade doesn't matter ).
I haven't found a post that say "sierra is working" .. so i'm asking here.
Anyone can report Sierra as working as El Capitan?
Is the install guide the same for Sierra?
Thank you in advance

I know that is not the right thread, but i'm interested to switch to Sierra from El Cap with my Probook4530s ( fresh install or upgrade doesn't matter ).
I haven't found a post that say "sierra is working" .. so i'm asking here.
Anyone can report Sierra as working as El Capitan?
Is the install guide the same for Sierra?
Thank you in advance

Keep in mind issues you may run into...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

I use ACPI hotpatch for all my guides:
- HP Probook/EliteBook (this guide)
- Intel DH67xx
- Intel NUC6
- Intel NUC5
- Gigabyte BRIX (Haswell)
- Lenovo u430,u330,u530
- HP Envy J/K/Q/N (Haswell)
- Lenovo Y50

The ACPI hotpatch guide is linked from the main ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
This harder than I thought , but I'm very interested in it and I'll start by reading in ACPI .
For now i want to use the Lenovo [G50-70] battery patch as hot patch can you help me with that ?

This harder than I thought , but I'm very interested in it and I'll start by reading in ACPI .
For now i want to use the Lenovo [G50-70] battery patch as hot patch can you help me with that ?

Off-topic.

Running the OS X/macOS installer without erasing the target partition will result in only a refresh, not a "re install the whole system".

it solve all the issues ^^ thanks

btw i can ask about my issue with spotlight or i need to make different thread about it ?

when i try to search for app its not showing normally search on Wikipedia and definition and bing search

i try many commands also in terminal always give msg

indexing and searching disabled.

Last edited:
it solve all the issues ^^ thanks

btw i can ask about my issue with spotlight or i need to make different thread about it ?

when i try to search for app its not showing normally search on Wikipedia and definition and bing search

i try many commands also in terminal always give msg

indexing and searching disabled.

Check Spotlight settings in SysPrefs.
Check also that you DO NOT have a .metadata_never_index file in the root of your system volume.

See NVMe guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Keep in mind NVMe is an extra set of instructions that are not automatic in this guide... Something you need to keep track of yourself.

You can check that it is really NVMe by running 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal, or will be obvious in Device Manager in Windows.

Note: If your NVMe SSD can be changed to 4k sectors, that is better than patching for 512 byte sectors... Make sure you read the material at my patch-nvme github carefully.

Laptop#0: HP EliteBook 850 G3 V1H16UT, i5-6200U Skylake, HD520 1920x1080, Bios 01.13, BCM943602BAED
I managed to get the NVMe drive installed. I didn't have a linux distro handy to check for the 4k sectors so I just used your class spoofing patched kext. If you want to update the default SSDT to include _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX for the NVMe

Thanks again for all your support. I think I am going to get a 960 pro and try it out since it 3 times as fast as the
SAMSUNG MZVLV256HCHP-000H1 that comes std in the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back