Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Update to latest BIOS. Always panic when enable BCM94350ZAE.

Your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the github project.
I think this may be the third time or fourth time mentioning it... it is getting old.
Note: The file you have config_1020_G1_Broadwell.2016-12-19.plist is the latest, but of course, Clover doesn't load it.
Clover loads only config.plist.

Update to the latest config.plist from the repo. Then, since BCM94350 is native, disable or delete all the patches for Brcm4360.

PROBLEM REPORT:
Hi RehabMan
Thanks for this great guide.
After following the steps above, system hangs at startup at apple logo - it did not do that with my USB key which used a different config plist file. Please find a zip containing all requested files and output.
I can still boot up fine with the USB key so that allows me to get in and sort things out. If I use the original config.plist file, it boots up fine even from hard disk but obviously that's not ideal!
Any ideas please let me know. With Thanks,
Ian Stephenson

Attachments

• Ian Stephenson Requested Info for RehabMan.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
PROBLEM REPORT:
Hi RehabMan
Thanks for this great guide.
After following the steps above, system hangs at startup at apple logo - it did not do that with my USB key which used a different config plist file. Please find a zip containing all requested files and output.
I can still boot up fine with the USB key so that allows me to get in and sort things out. If I use the original config.plist file, it boots up fine even from hard disk but obviously that's not ideal!
Any ideas please let me know. With Thanks,
Ian Stephenson

Boot verbose, show photo.

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ and main Clover laptop guide.
Reminder...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Verbose photo attached
Just updating signature

Attachments

• IMG_5669.JPG
    IMG_5669.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
Verbose photo attached
Just updating signature

Profile is not filled out as per request in FAQ/guide. Please fix.
Also make sure your BIOS is up-to-date.

Last edited:
Profile is not filled out as per request in FAQ/guide. Please fix.
Also make sure your BIOS is up-to-date.
Many Thanks, have updated Profile.

Wasn't entirely sure which number was the motherboard chipset. have included photo of CPU-Z output. Off to update bios now. Scary.

IMG_5650.JPG

Okay!
The HP website shows different available BIOS versions depending on OS (windows 7, 8, 10) - should I simply pick the most recent one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back