Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ! I just got a HP Probook 430 G3, anyone in this thread had any luck? Do you think I will be able to get it working?
If anyone have, which Wifi Card did you get?

I'm thinking of this one... Atheros AR9285 ?

Thank you in advance for any help guys !! I will be happy to comment my results once I try to install.

HP ProBook 430 G3
Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
6GB RAM + 500GB HDD
Intel® HD Graphics 520
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

It is unlikely your G3 has a half-mini PCIe WiFi slot. Most likely it is 30mm NGFF/M.2.

It is unlikely your G3 has a half-mini PCIe WiFi slot. Most likely it is 30mm NGFF/M.2.

This is what I've found on the Wifi Card Product Brief PDF (see image)

(The HP Laptop Specs Info won't tell the exact model number but maybe they're all still the one you say?)

Attachments

• 2016-07-09_00-10-41.jpg
    2016-07-09_00-10-41.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 74
Welcome Lucas,

You need the Dell DW1560 BCM94352Z Wireless/Bluetooth Card with best Support and Mac OS features. The AR9285 does not fit.
Thanks for that ! However these cards I can only find coming from the US or China, will take too long and I really only want the Wifi working, don't care about bluetooth or Apple Features since I use Android Phones.
I hope I can find an alternative, will keep reading :)

This is what I've found on the Wifi Card Product Brief PDF (see image)

(The HP Laptop Specs Info won't tell the exact model number but maybe they're all still the one you say?)

M.2 2230 tells you everything you need to know (hint: it is not half-mini PCIe).

Thanks for that ! However these cards I can only find coming from the US or China, will take too long and I really only want the Wifi working, don't care about bluetooth or Apple Features since I use Android Phones.
I hope I can find an alternative, will keep reading :)

There is no alternative.

M.2 2230 tells you everything you need to know (hint: it is not half-mini PCIe).
Thanks for that! Sorry I'm not familiar with WiFi Card Slot Sizes.

So the only option ever is that one? I though there were other compatible cards. But maybe not for my laptop model huh?

There is no alternative.

So the only option ever is that one? I though there were other compatible cards. But maybe not for my laptop model huh?

The only for sure working NGFF WiFi card is BCM94352[Z].

Do not follow the "How to install wiki" (you're not reading it correctly anyway). Just install the kext only to /Library/Extensions.

You can install the kext with:
Code:
sudo cp -R VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Library/Extensions

(of course, you need to 'cd' to the correct directory that contains the debug kext prior to using 'cp' to copy it).
Hi, my Touchpad is now working correctly. But I can't single touch to click
( I did
  • remove /S/L/E/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (note: this is only for version 1.7.4 or greater)

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

• remove /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext
follow "How to install wiki", maybe it relates to this)
The delete key is still not work.
This is my system.log. (I just press delete key and save the system.log)
Thank you!

Attachments

• system.log.zip
    91.2 KB · Views: 63
Hi, my Touchpad is now working correctly. But I can't single touch to click
( I did
  • remove /S/L/E/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (note: this is only for version 1.7.4 or greater)

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

• remove /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

These two kexts should never have been installed. This guide does not use them. How did they get installed in the first place?

The delete key is still not work.
This is my system.log. (I just press delete key and save the system.log)
Thank you!

Monitor system.log output in Console.app when you press the key. If you have installed the debug kext correctly, you will see only a single line related to the key you just pressed. Provide only the debug logs that relate.

BTW, from where did you download OS X?

These two kexts should never have been installed. This guide does not use them. How did they get installed in the first place?

Monitor system.log output in Console.app when you press the key. If you have installed the debug kext correctly, you will see only a single line related to the key you just pressed. Provide only the debug logs that relate.

BTW, from where did you download OS X?
I think I have installed the debug kext correctly because after EC reset, my Touchpad works correctly ( althought can't single click)
But when I open console.app and move to system.log, then press delete key, nothing's happen, no line added.
My OS X downloaded from Appstore.
btw, can I fix the touchpad's single click?

I understand this is out of the scope of this guide, but I do want to point out that installing macOS Sierra is possible, but with my ProBook 4440s configuration I do lose audio and WiFi. Having Clover v3599 from my experience is required to install it however.

Besides Audio and WiFi not functioning at all, the touchpad is glitchy (Sierra sees it as a mouse and not a touchpad), and QE/CI functions properly and the HD 3000 is detected properly. Restored back to 10.11.5 with no issues too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back