Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook 430 G3 (SkyLake) - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tests are straight forward. I open YouTube, and plug headphones in. This way I can hear sound in headphones. Than I plug them off. In System Preferences I can see that macOS detected this even and changed output source from headphones to internal speakers. Now I hear nothing. Then I use System Preferences to switch to HDMI - I can hear sound again.

But! I swear that this configuration have been working for me for several days just fine. I was able to hear internal speakers.

Try without all the changing of outputs (eg. EC reset, then cold boot laptop without headphones plugged, test speakers).

Hello,

All is ok for me, thank you for the guide.
Only problem I have: no standby when I fold the lid, it beeps as a beep on a wrong key (like F7)

Hello,

All is ok for me, thank you for the guide.
Only problem I have: no standby when I fold the lid, it beeps as a beep on a wrong key (like F7)
Could you please tell if:
- headphones work for you?
- internal speakers work?

Could you please tell if:
- headphones work for you?
- internal speakers work?

Yes, Headphones is ok (but no mic)
Internal Speakers too

And you, the standby work when you close screen lid ?

Last edited:
Try without all the changing of outputs (eg. EC reset, then cold boot laptop without headphones plugged, test speakers).

Thus. I tested with Sierra, High Sierra and Windows 10.

Same hardware. Same BIOS settings. After EC reset.

In Windows 10 internal speakers work just fine. In Sierra and High Sierra speakers are recognized as a device, but does not produce any sound.

And just to remind: internal speakers have been working fine in both Sierra and High Sierra for weeks (may be even months) before they just stopped.

Thus. I tested with Sierra, High Sierra and Windows 10.

Same hardware. Same BIOS settings. After EC reset.

In Windows 10 internal speakers work just fine. In Sierra and High Sierra speakers are recognized as a device, but does not produce any sound.

And just to remind: internal speakers have been working fine in both Sierra and High Sierra for weeks (may be even months) before they just stopped.

Try fresh install.

Hello Experts, I've simple and important Q.
With my laptop configure, can I install 10.12 or 10.13?
if YES, where is the guide url thread?
This is My Challenge -> Install Updated Xcode!
thx alot

Last edited:
Hello Experts, I've simple and important Q.
With my laptop configure, can I install 10.12 or 10.13?
if YES, where is the guide url thread?
This is My Challenge -> Install Updated Xcode!
thx alot

Your question is really off-topic here. This thread is titled "Probook 430 G3'.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back