Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook 430 G3 (SkyLake) - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Thanks! And should I rebuild kernel cache or reinstall AppleHDA? I try to change SSD and reboot, but nothing changes...

Not possible to know what you're missing without "Problem Reporting" files.
Read post #1, ProBook guide, "Problem Reporting".

Not possible to know what you're missing without "Problem Reporting" files.
Read post #1, ProBook guide, "Problem Reporting".

Please, find the report attached.

Attachments

• HP-ProBook-430-G3.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 259
Please, find the report attached.

Your config.plist patches for AppleHDA are not updated for 10.13.
Look at your MatchOS entries in KextsToPatch and it is obvious.
I didn't check anything else.

Your config.plist patches for AppleHDA are not updated for 10.13.
Look at your MatchOS entries in KextsToPatch and it is obvious.
I didn't check anything else.

Yeah, right. I fixed this. Now I have layout 5 running.

HDMI - OK
Internal Speakers - OK *
Internal microphone - OK
Headphone port - OK

Actually I have a glitch with Internal Speakers. And the same glitch persists when I use Lilu+AppleALC. Operating system detects internal speakers and can use it as an output device. However in fact sound is not produced. No matter what volume level is.

Internal speakers worked for me, I made a Skype call, than I decided to turn on some music and I realized that Internal Speakers do not work any longer.

Embedded controller reset does not help me.

In any case I believe it make sense to change to layout 5 by default for this particular laptop.

Yeah, right. I fixed this. Now I have layout 5 running.

HDMI - OK
Internal Speakers - OK *
Internal microphone - OK
Headphone port - OK

Actually I have a glitch with Internal Speakers. And the same glitch persists when I use Lilu+AppleALC. Operating system detects internal speakers and can use it as an output device. However in fact sound is not produced. No matter what volume level is.

Internal speakers worked for me, I made a Skype call, than I decided to turn on some music and I realized that Internal Speakers do not work any longer.

Embedded controller reset does not help me.

In any case I believe it make sense to change to layout 5 by default for this particular laptop.

No problem reporting files attached, no comments possible.

No problem reporting files attached, no comments possible.
For me it looks like a hardware issue. I even tried to run Windows to ensure that internal speakers are alive. And they are fine. However I don't hear any sound.
Report is attached.

Attachments

• HP-ProBook-430-G3.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 243
For me it looks like a hardware issue. I even tried to run Windows to ensure that internal speakers are alive. And they are fine. However I don't hear any sound.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
On one hand, you say "run Windows to ensure that internal speakers are alive. And they are fine."
But then you write, "I don't hear any sound.".
Seems like a contradiction.

If you have some issue in Windows, did you try EC reset? CMOS reset? Booting directly to Windows Boot Manager (not through Clover). Otherwise may be a hardware problem.

Report is attached.

Looks fine... using layout-id = 5.
How are you testing speaker output?

You should install Sierra to compare.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
On one hand, you say "run Windows to ensure that internal speakers are alive. And they are fine."
But then you write, "I don't hear any sound.".
Seems like a contradiction.

If you have some issue in Windows, did you try EC reset? CMOS reset? Booting directly to Windows Boot Manager (not through Clover). Otherwise may be a hardware problem.

Looks fine... using layout-id = 5.
How are you testing speaker output?

You should install Sierra to compare.

I mean that I ensured that this is not a hardware issue. In windows speakers are fine, but in macOS I hear no sound.

Yes, I've done ER reset. It does not help.

I have not tried CMOS reset. I'm going to try to roll back using TimeMachine. It will take me 4-6 hours.

I mean that I ensured that this is not a hardware issue. In windows speakers are fine, but in macOS I hear no sound.

Yes, I've done ER reset. It does not help.

I have not tried CMOS reset. I'm going to try to roll back using TimeMachine. It will take me 4-6 hours.

You didn't answer my question "How are you testing speaker output?"
Also, compare against result in Sierra or El Capitan.

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question "How are you testing speaker output?"
Also, compare against result in Sierra or El Capitan.

My tests are straight forward. I open YouTube, and plug headphones in. This way I can hear sound in headphones. Than I plug them off. In System Preferences I can see that macOS detected this even and changed output source from headphones to internal speakers. Now I hear nothing. Then I use System Preferences to switch to HDMI - I can hear sound again.

But! I swear that this configuration have been working for me for several days just fine. I was able to hear internal speakers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back