Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook 430 G3 (SkyLake) - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's take a look here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProB...b/master/hotpatch/SSDT-4x0-G3-Skylake.dsl#L10

It seems that this file already references layout7. And it does not work for me.

You can't rely on the name.
layout7_HDEF.asl at one point was actually using layout-id 5. It may have been using 5 when you tried it.
But yes, currently layout-id 7 is the default.

I captured the XML from AppleALC a while back.
If there have been changes since, it can be updated.

You can't rely on the name.
layout7_HDEF.asl at one point was actually using layout-id 5. It may have been using 5 when you tried it.
But yes, currently layout-id 7 is the default.

I captured the XML from AppleALC a while back.
If there have been changes since, it can be updated.
I made all the experiments today.
Code:
$ git pull
Already up-to-date.

I made all the experiments today.
Code:
$ git pull
Already up-to-date.

Not possible to verify anything unless you attach "Problem Reporting" files to a reply in the main guide thread.
In other words, there are plenty of mistakes you could have made, and you haven't provided any information regarding what doesn't work.

Not possible to verify anything unless you attach "Problem Reporting" files to a reply in the main guide thread.
In other words, there are plenty of mistakes you could have made, and you haven't provided any information regarding what doesn't work.

The good news are that every piece of hardware (except fingerprint scanner) worked like a charm for me at this laptop. I attached a patch to the very first post in this thread.

The bad piece of news is that APFS have just crashed and due to this reason I'll not be able to provide a problem report.

IMG_20170813_233804.jpg

The good news are that every piece of hardware (except fingerprint scanner) worked like a charm for me at this laptop. I attached a patch to the very first post in this thread.

The bad piece of news is that APFS have just crashed and due to this reason I'll not be able to provide a problem report.

View attachment 272133

Try repair or fresh install.
APFS is probably not a good idea at this point (better to stick with HFS+ until Apple gets the bugs worked out of APFS).

Try repair or fresh install.
APFS is probably not a good idea at this point (better to stick with HFS+ until Apple gets the bugs worked out of APFS).

You are very diplomatic. I'd say that APFS is a bunch of crap as of today. The problem is that there is no way to install fresh HighSierra instance without using APFS. It is by default. Even if I format disk manually to JHFS+, it is converted silently.

The problem is that there is no way to install fresh HighSierra instance without using APFS.

Actually, there is.

Even if I format disk manually to JHFS+, it is converted silently.

You can disable the conversion by using startosinstall.
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:clover.git rehabman$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall
Usage: startosinstall --applicationpath <install macOS.app path>

Arguments
--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer application to start the install with.
--license, prints the user license agreement only.
--agreetolicense, agree to license the license you printed with --license.
--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of preparing. This delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).
--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon completion of the prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back to startosinstall.
--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish to convert to APFS. If you do not specify this, the default is YES.--usage, prints this message.

Example: startosinstall --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS.app" --converttoapfs YES

Actually, there is.

Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:clover.git rehabman$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall

Arguments
--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer application to start the install with.
--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of preparing. This delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).
--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon completion of the prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back to startosinstall.
--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish to convert to APFS. If you do not specify this, the default is YES.--usage, prints this message.

Example: startosinstall --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS.app" --converttoapfs YES

Appreciate. I'll give it a try. It will take some time.

Actually, there is.

Note:
Code:

Arguments

Works like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back