Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Folio 13 Guide (Yosemite/Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally installed Yosemite on my Folio 13-2000. I followed the guide on the first page! Thanks to everybody here for the support and detailed instructions! :thumbup:

The only problem I´m facing so far is that my usb-wifi network adapter doesnt work. It should be a Realtek 8188CU or similar. I have installed some drivers and I can see my network in the Wifi utility and connect. But it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and I can see under Network that it never gets any ip-address. Strange since it worked well with Snow Leopard. Maybe Yosemite doesnt like the drivers :confused:

edit: Found the "problem". I was using the wrong password. Strangely enough it didnt prompted that the password was wrong. Anyway, its working really well now. Gonna run it this way for a couple of days before looking into changing the internal wifi card.

I also notice that just before clicking on the touchpad the cursor sometimes move a bit. Anything you have noticed?

I´m having this cursor "issue". Just before I tap to click the cursor moves a bit. Not all the time but it happens. Can I have done something wrong when installing Rehabmans Voodoo kexts?

The issue is known for some Ubuntu users:

http://geeksanswer.me/topics/L2V4dC...vRGMwUkhhJnNlcnZpY2U9c3RhY2tleGNoYW5nZS5jb20=

Any ideas?

Regards
Johannes

It is because there is no "threshold of movement" implemented. It is a requested feature: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/37

Ok, do you think it will take long before its implemented? :rolleyes: Its the only thing that keeps me thinking of going back to Windows :)

No time right now to implement it right now and it is non trivial (potentially destabilizing). I have a few other tasks in front of it.

Hi,

Please could someone post a patched DSDT etc for the folio 13-2000? I've tried patching my own but with no success and I tried pm'ing one of the successful guys but I don't have 75 posts. Reading endless posts hasn't really helped me understand whats going on either - sadly there aren't any training courses for mashing OS X onto inappropriate hardware, and I don't have a linux background.

Ta

Nick

Hi,

Please could someone post a patched DSDT etc for the folio 13-2000? I've tried patching my own but with no success and I tried pm'ing one of the successful guys but I don't have 75 posts. Reading endless posts hasn't really helped me understand whats going on either - sadly there aren't any training courses for mashing OS X onto inappropriate hardware, and I don't have a linux background.

Ta

Nick

Always a bad idea to use a DSDT from another computer.

Patch your own native DSDT instead.

ok,

First problem is trying to add any repo (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic) to maciasl:

File Fetch Error: URL 'https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic/.maciasl' said 'not found'

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit - ignore this post.

Last edited:
Yes, that helped, thanks :)

I now have a patched DSDT with the following patches applied:

IRQ
6USB
TNOT
Battery Folio-13-es
Brightness HD3000
HPET
RTC
SMBUS
OSCheck
IMEI
PNOT_PPNT
WAKv2
Mutex_non_zero
Layout12

I'm almost back to where I was, except I don't have brightness control from the keyboard anymore (works from sysprefs) and manual sleep or lid sleep don't work. I couldn't find the brightness keys patch that was mentioned on page 5 of this thread. Other things that still don't work, but didn't work with the old DSDT either:

Webcam (not listed in USB section)
left USB port (rather annoying)
cardreader (but I haven't seen any posts that suggest that this will work).
wireless (obviously).

Are you able to point me in the right direction for any of these issues?

Thanks for your patience too.

edit: clicking sleep does appear to be working - I wasn't patient enough. The laptop also sleeps after inactivity. However closing the lid does nothing.

edit: fixed lid sleep with Remove _PWR from LID

edit: Webcam is listed under Camera in Sysprefs and works in FaceTime - should it be listed under USB?

HP TrueVision HD:
Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_7119 ProductID_11271
Unique ID: 0x1a1100001bcf2c07

edit: The left USB port is working, however, it won't recognise a Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 stick. I have two, both recognised in the right port, neither in the left. Other USB (2) sticks seem to work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back