Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did select "for UEFI" in customize (it's automatic selected), but the installer still installed to my macOS partition.

Attach Clover install log and output of 'diskutil list'.

Could you please answer me some questions?
- When I tried to replace old SSDT-HACK.aml and config.plist by new one in envy.git, I can't boot into macOS anymore. Did I wrong somewhere?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

- Can I update clover by copy some necessary files? If yes, which files?

Updating Clover is best accomplished by running the Clover installer.
If your system is properly configured, it works just fine.

Attach Clover install log and output of 'diskutil list'.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Updating Clover is best accomplished by running the Clover installer.
If your system is properly configured, it works just fine.
Sorry, my bad.
I attached Clover install log and Problem Report. Problem Report contains my current EFI\CLOVER and another logs genarate by
black.dragon74 's tool. my current Clover using lastest kexts and tools from github repo and old version of config.plist and SSDT-HACK.aml.

Attachments

• Attachment.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
Sorry, my bad.
I attached Clover install log and Problem Report. Problem Report contains my current EFI\CLOVER and another logs genarate by
black.dragon74 's tool. my current Clover using lastest kexts and tools from github repo and old version of config.plist and SSDT-HACK.aml.

My guide recommends my build of Clover. Not sure if the current "official" Clover installer works regarding mounting EFI...

Keep in mind with two drives, you have two EFI partitions. It is possible you're installing Clover to one disk's EFI, but booting from another. You should check.

no misc/preboot.log (you forgot to press F2)
incomplete files in ACPI/origin (you forgot to press F4)
No verbose boot photo attached.

Your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the current github repo.
I didn't check SSDT-HACK.aml. You should make sure your config.plist is up-to-date as well as ACPI/patched content.
Use 'make install' as per guide.
It will delete SSDT.aml from ACPI/patched, as that file should not exist
(you're doing things not called for by the guide... bad idea).

My guide recommends my build of Clover. Not sure if the current "official" Clover installer works regarding mounting EFI...

Keep in mind with two drives, you have two EFI partitions. It is possible you're installing Clover to one disk's EFI, but booting from another. You should check.

no misc/preboot.log (you forgot to press F2)
incomplete files in ACPI/origin (you forgot to press F4)
No verbose boot photo attached.

Your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the current github repo.
I didn't check SSDT-HACK.aml. You should make sure your config.plist is up-to-date as well as ACPI/patched content.
Use 'make install' as per guide.
It will delete SSDT.aml from ACPI/patched, as that file should not exist
(you're doing things not called for by the guide... bad idea).
Sorry. I found your guide after I finish install clover. I just follow from "Post Installation" section. Can I now copy a full worked Clover from another?
I did copy entire Clover folder to another EFI partition and follow terminal command to update kexts and tools. All were fine. Then I replace SSDT and config.plist on EFI partition by lastest one in git repo. When restart and boot to clover screen, I just see macOS parttion, recovery partition disappear. When tried to boot into macOS, it failed. Could you guess what wrong from theese information?
Sorry if I make any inconvenience.

Sorry. I found your guide after I finish install clover. I just follow from "Post Installation" section. Can I now copy a full worked Clover from another?
I did copy entire Clover folder to another EFI partition and follow terminal command to update kexts and tools. All were fine.

You can copy EFI/Clover (and EFI/BOOT) from one EFI to another if you find BIOS is booting from the other device.

Then I replace SSDT and config.plist on EFI partition by lastest one in git repo.

What SSDT are you referring to?
As I have already mentioned, you should NOT be using SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.
Read post #1 for CPU PM details (this guide uses plugin-type injection only from SSDT-HACK.aml... if you include SSDT.aml, you may break SSDT-HACK.aml as they would contain duplicate _DSM methods).

When restart and boot to clover screen, I just see macOS parttion, recovery partition disappear.

With my plist, Recovery partition is hidden.
As per Clover documentation for hidden boot targets, press F3.

When tried to boot into macOS, it failed.

Not possible to diagnose without "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
My guess is you still have SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched, which as I already pointed out... is not valid and not called for by the guide.

What SSDT are you referring to?
I just mean SSDT-HACK.aml. The step I did was:

1. Use commands below as "System updates" section in #1
Code:
cd ~/Projects/envy.git
git stash
git pull
make
make install
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
2. copy SSDT-HACK.aml from ~/envy.git/build/ to ~/ACPI/patched on EFI partition.
3. Copy config.plist from ~envi.git/ to CLOVER folder on EFI partition.
Did I do wrong something?

I just mean SSDT-HACK.aml. The step I did was:

1. Use commands below as "System updates" section in #1
Code:
cd ~/Projects/envy.git
git stash
git pull
make
make install
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
2. copy SSDT-HACK.aml from ~/envy.git/build/ to ~/ACPI/patched on EFI partition.
3. Copy config.plist from ~envi.git/ to CLOVER folder on EFI partition.
Did I do wrong something?

You didn't actually do that.
The files you provided had an SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.
If you had actually run 'make install', you would have no SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.

Note that "make install" removes SSDT.aml:
Code:
.PHONY: install
install: $(PRODUCTS)
    $(eval EFIDIR:=$(shell ./mount_efi.sh))
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HACK.aml
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-2.aml
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-3.aml
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-4.aml
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-5.aml
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-7.aml
    rm -f $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml
    cp $(BUILDDIR)/SSDT-HACK.aml $(EFIDIR)/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HACK.aml

You didn't actually do that.
The files you provided had an SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.
If you had actually run 'make install', you would have no SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.
Thank you. After delete SSDT.aml, my MacOS boot normally. I also updated Clover successfully by copy necessary files from installed clover on MacOS partition. I will update to High Sierra now :D.

Hi RehabMan,
I updated my hackintosh to High Sierra. However, I got a small issue. After boot into login screen, my screen is tearing (See the picture in attachment). If wait it automatic turn off screen and use keyboard to turn on it back, the screen will be normally. I tried to clear NVRAM and Caches by:
Code:
sudo nvram -c
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
sudo reboot now
After reboot, I could not able to boot into Mac anymore. (I attach verbose log picture in attachment).
My attacment include my current Clover, patchmatic, KextCache and Kextstat before I clear NVRAM and Caches.
Please help me! Thank you.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
Hi RehabMan,
I updated my hackintosh to High Sierra. However, I got a small issue. After boot into login screen, my screen is tearing (See the picture in attachment). If wait it automatic turn off screen and use keyboard to turn on it back, the screen will be normally. I tried to clear NVRAM and Caches by:
Code:
sudo nvram -c
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
sudo reboot now
After reboot, I could not able to boot into Mac anymore. (I attach verbose log picture in attachment).
My attacment include my current Clover, patchmatic, KextCache and Kextstat before I clear NVRAM and Caches.
Please help me! Thank you.

You should not remove /Library/Caches like that.
Run the macOS installer again to restore.

As for the garbled screen, it seems likely you did not enable CSM/legacy boot as per guide.
Read the guide carefully regarding correct BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back