Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help ! Within the "hot patch" section of the guide when compiling the SSDT-HACK in terminal and after entering "make", I am continually receiving the following error:

"Error 6092 - Could not open file "build/SSDT-HACK.pre" (Preprocessor Output) - No such file or directory"

Please help ! Within the "hot patch" section of the guide when compiling the SSDT-HACK in terminal and after entering "make", I am continually receiving the following error:

"Error 6092 - Could not open file "build/SSDT-HACK.pre" (Preprocessor Output) - No such file or directory"

Make sure the build directory exists:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/envy.git
mkdir build

Make sure the build directory exists:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/envy.git
mkdir build

Thank you !

Now in moving onward to the next step when attempting to run pike-alpha's script I am receiving the following error message:

gDataPath: /Users/gps_Hack/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data
System information: Mac OS X 10.11.4 (15E65)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz'

Error: Unknown processor model ...

Visit http://ark.intel.com to gather the required data:

Processor Number

TDP

Low Frequency Mode (use AppleIntelInfo.kext)

Base Frequency

Max Turbo Frequency

Cores

Threads

Aborting ...

Done.

Thank you !

Now in moving onward to the next step when attempting to run pike-alpha's script I am receiving the following error message:

Use the beta branch or use a known CPU name with modified params.

There is a direct discussion of this in the Y50 guide, for example: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168612/

Instructions for using the beta branch are in the PM guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Thanks again...redefining/clarifying the i7-4720HQ per the link you provided proved to be all the pike-alpha script needed in order to properly execute.

Now I'm on to formulating a machine specific SMBIOS. Is the default MacBook Book Pro 13" Retina Late 2013 the correct/best model identifier to use in this instance ? Also, now that Clover has pre-generated a default SMBIOS, I seem to recall having difficulty in the past getting Clover to accept/replace any pre-generated information with new/updated SMBIOS information edited in Clover configurator and saved to the existing config.plist. Is there a specific method to doing this ?

Last edited:
Thanks again...redefining/clarifying the i7-4720HQ per the link you provided proved to be all the pike-alpha script needed in order to properly execute.

Now I'm on to formulating a machine specific SMBIOS. Is the default MacBook Book Pro 13" Retina Late 2013 the correct/best model identifier to use in this instance ?

This guide suggests MacBookPro11,1.

Also, now that Clover has pre-generated a default SMBIOS, I seem to recall having difficulty in the past getting Clover to accept/replace any pre-generated information with new/updated SMBIOS information edited in Clover configurator and saved to the existing config.plist. Is there a specific method to doing this ?

Use Clover Configurator to create a temporary config.plist with your SMBIOS data. Copy/paste into your real config.plist with a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro).

Never edit your config.plist directly with Clover Configurator. It will ruin it.

@RehabMan,

any chance of getting the inbuilt sd card reader to work??

@RehabMan,

any chance of getting the inbuilt sd card reader to work??

Possible, but not likely. It would require a driver (perhaps based on VoodooSDHC code). Not much interest due to automatic cloud upload and smart phones as cameras.

Possible, but not likely. It would require a driver (perhaps based on VoodooSDHC code). Not much interest due to automatic cloud upload and smart phones as cameras.

Would help with camera sd cards, though i can always use windows to copy from the SD, was still toying with the idea
The voodoo SDHC will be tried :beachball:

Would help with camera sd cards, though i can always use windows to copy from the SD, was still toying with the idea
The voodoo SDHC will be tried :beachball:

VoodooSDHC needs a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back