Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated my signature

Using Clover UEFI as my laptop support UEFI and booting from UEFI isn't the problem

the problem is when reaching the installer the hard drives aren't there

updated my signature

The Envy in your profile is not Haswell. If accurate, this guide does not apply.

You should make sure it is accurate. Post output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

It's accurate , should I make another thread? as the hardware is the same else , just the chipset(HM77,HD4000) that differ

Hi RehabMan, i followed your guide and everything works perfectly.
But i still cannot get my sound and the boot screen still mess up like 1s before login screen.
I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Attachments

• files.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 88
But i still cannot get my sound

It appears you edited the config.plist with Clover Configurator (contrary to post #1).

Follow the instructions in post #1, "Final config.plist"

and the boot screen still mess up like 1s before login screen.

Enable legacy boot/CSM as per post #1, "BIOS settings".

It appears you edited the config.plist with Clover Configurator (contrary to post #1).

Follow the instructions in post #1, "Final config.plist"

Enable legacy boot/CSM as per post #1, "BIOS settings".

Thanks for your quick reply.
I tried to edit the config.plist with Xcode, but after that I got stuck at User Settings so i have to use Clover Configurator.

Update: after update Clover bootloader to lastest version. I have sound now. Thanks for all your help :)

Thanks for your quick reply.
I tried to edit the config.plist with Xcode, but after that I got stuck at User Settings so i have to use Clover Configurator.

Update: after update Clover bootloader to lastest version. I have sound now. Thanks for all your help :)

If you don't know how to use Xcode, use PlistEdit Pro to edit plist files.

Clover has nothing to do with Clover Configurator. And Clover does not edit your plist.

Don't forget to customize your SMBIOS.

Have anyone a link to a completed clover image for HP Envy 15 J-Series with i7-4700MQ+Nvidia GT740M ?

And where can i find the wifi chip: BCM94352HMB ?
Every offers on the internet describes, that dont support HP ?

Have anyone a link to a completed clover image for HP Envy 15 J-Series with i7-4700MQ+Nvidia GT740M ?

No link needed. Follow the guide in post #1.

And where can i find the wifi chip: BCM94352HMB ?

Ebay or Amazon.

Every offers on the internet describes, that dont support HP ?

It is just seller CYA. Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back