Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

It depends... u can go with _UID 14 for Ivy Bridge series.
and if u are not satisfied with the result=brightness curve/steps just choose another one.
I chose 14, but the patch did not appear

I change to MacBookPro10,1 and see again: "This version of Mac OS is not supported on this platform" :confused:

I chose 14, but the patch did not appear

I change to MacBookPro10,1 and see again: "This version of Mac OS is not supported on this platform" :confused:
it will, this only need for backlight/brightness control.
If u have working built-in display with no brightness control, then u need to add
applbkl - type=data - 03000000 or 01000000

EDIT:
i missed the third elements, under ACPI>Booter>Patch> u need "Skip Board ID check". (#282 the 2nd link)

Last edited:
it will, this only need for backlight/brightness control.
If u have working built-in display with no brightness control, then u need to add
applbkl - type=data - 03000000 or 01000000

SMBIOS RestricEvents not injected still. i think because of the "kext signing:enabled"

EDIT:
i missed the third elements, under ACPI>Booter>Patch> u need "Skip Board ID check". (#282 the 2nd link)

Edit2:
RestricEvents.kext + revpatch:sbvmm + "Skip Board ID check" + MacBookPro10,1 and you'll have also CPU and GPU Power management for Ivy bridge.
did I delete EDID correctly?
Снимок экрана 2024-04-03 230152.png
removed EDID - not recognised. however, only one display is visible in the system

where is it "kext signing:enabled"

and how can I get ATY,bin_image from my VBIOS?

Last edited:
PNLF is for Intel iGPU
Hi Feartech!

Yes, i know, and pretty much none of any values give a correct backlight slide for this dGPU.(obviously)
I tried custom applbkl-name+applbkl-data from this era MBP values from iOreg/SMBIOS with Radeon dGPUs with no luck.

Just you have a clue what i'm saying this was one of my example i followed #44.
Basically i didn't find any working manual for backlight activation for Radeon mobile GPUs.

So, i am all ears, do you have any recommendation?
Thanks!

Hi Feartech!

Yes, i know, and pretty much none of any values give a correct backlight slide for this dGPU.(obviously)
I tried custom applbkl-name+applbkl-data from this era MBP values from iOreg/SMBIOS with Radeon dGPUs with no luck.

Basically i didn't find any working manual for backlight activation for Radeon mobile GPUs.

Thanks!
there is an app that you can use and maybe assign your brightness up and down keys to it:

or an older that I used to use on an old laptop:
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/40728/brightness-slider

I haven't used them in awhile but maybe worth a go

Hi Feartech!

Thanks!
I have an EFI with Clover which worked on macOS Sierra and the built-in display worked correctly.
Maybe this will help somehow?

Attachments

• EFI_SVE1512Q1RW.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 4
did I delete EDID correctly?
removed EDID - not recognised. however, only one display is visible in the system

where is it "kext signing:enabled"

and how can I get ATY,bin_image from my VBIOS?
Yep, hash sign is good.

interesting. your EDID values are correct? What does it mean one display?

#287 - Spoiler: Protection status - image

Last edited:
there is an app that you can use and maybe assign your brightness up and down keys to it:

or an older that I used to use on an old laptop:
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/40728/brightness-slider

I haven't used them in awhile but maybe worth a go
I am aware of this two, but u know if it doesn't inject, i cannot control it with software.

I have a thought that might be doable is using the Clover patched DSDT to make an SSDT patch for this.
Do you know anyone on the site who might be able to do this or help out?

what do you think?

interesting. your EDID values are correct? What does it mean one display?

#287 - Spoiler: Protection status - image
I took EDID from Clover. I extracted it out of my laptop a long time ago. I think it's correct

"one display" means there should be 2 displays, but in the system after deleting the unit, only one external display is displayed

Back