Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jhax01 sorry, AFTER ONE YEAR (sorry :D) I attach drivers for HUAWEI WWAN (working), my own TouchBar Server mod for our machine (feel free to upload everywhere), CPU controller (combination of hwpenabler and sleep watcher) (on AC forces turboboost, which goes down to lowest speed after no reaction 10 sec, comes back full on user reaction, on battery no turboboost but still goes to minimum speed to save more battery -> run Intel Gadgets to monitor reactions).
Have fun guys !! :D

To install HWPController put HWPEnabler.kext to S/L/E, turn off HWP in Clover (GUI is not yet ready, somebody can finish my work, I can share the source code). HWPController unpack from ZIP archive and put into desired folders in /Library. REMEMBER to chmod and chown every file!!

About WWAN... I spent 3 month trying 4 cards ! Almost wanted to give up ! And boom ! Last OLDER Mobile Partner did a trick !! Was working one year without any issues!
I have used HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Module 0x581d 0x03f0
Hope helped.

I want to sell my machine. YouTube video will be below. Details on priv.
great work!! tks,how to driver touchscreen?

@jhax01 sorry, AFTER ONE YEAR (sorry :D) I attach drivers for HUAWEI WWAN (working), my own TouchBar Server mod for our machine (feel free to upload everywhere), CPU controller (combination of hwpenabler and sleep watcher) (on AC forces turboboost, which goes down to lowest speed after no reaction 10 sec, comes back full on user reaction, on battery no turboboost but still goes to minimum speed to save more battery -> run Intel Gadgets to monitor reactions).

To install HWPController put HWPEnabler.kext to S/L/E, turn off HWP in Clover (GUI is not yet ready, somebody can finish my work, I can share the source code). HWPController unpack from ZIP archive and put into desired folders in /Library. REMEMBER to chmod and chown every file!!

About WWAN... I spent 3 month trying 4 cards ! Almost wanted to give up ! And boom ! Last OLDER Mobile Partner did a trick !! Was working one year without any issues!
Hope helped.

very good!
I will try it in a couple of days just to find this WWAN card, and to finish installation. seems very promising.

just one question to all - which BIOS version you have on your HP Elite X2 1012 G1? mine is v1.19. is it worth to upgrade to higer version (last one is 1.33)? I don't want to come in trouble.

Thanks guys You like my work :) This is my first time when I do a support for any, any community in place like this :)

WWAN took me 3 MONTHS to get it working. Many cards, Huawei, and others. Heh, :D guess what, it was LAST chance I said if it works, if not I give up... STARTED TO WORK. Incredible, LAST TRY, and newer versions of Mobile Partner didn't make a trick, older one made...

BIOS was upgraded by me to 1.24 and new DSDT was generated. Long time I had kernel panic after some wake ups (even before BIOS upgrade !! BIOS upgrade was trying to find a solution for Kernel Panic, didn't help). After wake up was a kernel panic or touch not working. The problem was combination of wrong made DSDT and very old version of VooDooI2C. (I found a jhax01 lack of explanation or mine lack of knowledge...). Touch was resolved after installing VooDooI2C version 1.0 into 2.0. For Kernel Panic, SOME HP Elites have OTHER name of EC part in DSDT. Finding proper one made a trick. So (not remember symptoms) but few seconds after wake up USB was not working and few seconds later was a kernel panic. I started to think. Solution was simple EC0 -> EC. jhax01 machine had EC0, mine had EC. Small differences in BIOS between machines. Maybe it was EC or/and one other factor. Don't want to suggest anything because I don't remember. Only thing I remember was, there was big difference between naming of MainBoard component between mine and jhax01.
Every machine is the unique one.

After that machine could spleep and wake up like a baby. F U C ... STABLE until today and still is. NO KERNEL PANIC anymore !

How I did UPDD:
The best version of UPDD, where Dave (regards Dave if reading) from UPDD added for me virtual interface, was ver 6.00.288 and VooDooI2C was and still IS THE BEST ver 2.0.3 (pen is working and gestures, newer version of VooDooI2C DOESN'T WAORK, WARNING, this information is up to date for 01/25/2019). VooDooI2C got to be in S/L/E.

I attach VooDooI2C kexts 2.0.3, UPDD 6.00.288, pdf guide to add virtual interface, and small Apple Script application (a bridge between VooDooI2C and UPDD virtual interface). This small application put into /Applications and add to login items to start up every run. This application has inside am official voodooI2C-UPDD-client text application converted into Mac App. Put into Login items, and do not have to put voodooI2C-UPDD-client it into LaunchDaemons. But every single user has to have it into Login items.

Touch Bar: I have added extra buttons. Show/hide and keep small button to show again. If You click on menu bar icon, ALL touch bar even small icon is hidden. X button works like CMD+Q, - button works like CMD+H, on right side 2 buttons. Left is Double left click (click on it, Touch Bar waits for next touch to generate a double click - DONT MOVE MOUSE that time, it receives a loop that time, this is ONLY for touch reason, due to lack of double click reaction in Sierra. But double Click is improved in VooDooI2C 2.0.3 with UPDD 6, works much much better then reading original Sierra installation guide from jhax01). Right button is just a right mouse button.

Attachments

• UPDD_06_00_288.dmg
    29.2 MB · Views: 166
  • VooDooI2C 2.0.3.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 227
  • VoodooI2C UPDD Multitouch Engine for VoodooI2C.pdf
    361.4 KB · Views: 340
  • voodooI2C-UPDD-client.app.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
File ACPI.zip has my DSDT files for few BIOS versions including 1.24. Maybe it helps somebody. Source code inside.

HP.zip unpack into main EFI partition, leave just HP folder on top of EFI partition. Reboot and let HP to upgrade to 1.24 (1.24 bios is inside "New" folder, 1.22 is included, 1.19 is in "Current" folder. Move those files depending on You).

BIOS... zip contains 1.24 upgrade exe file and other upgrade exe archives for mainboard I did. Maybe all of them have to upgraded (only the newest versions. Archive contains few versions).

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 172
  • HP.zip
    14.1 MB · Views: 207
  • BIOS and upgrades.zip
    68.1 MB · Views: 299
@su_inmortalidad,good job, i followed your guid,so many times, touchscreen don't work.
once time, touchscreen worked, but reboot, it didn't work, i don't know why,what a fuc ..x2! i attached my origin dsdt&ssdt, would you check , and patched, tks. ps:my bios ver is 1.24.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    141.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
i attached my origin dsdt&ssdt, would you check , and patched, tks. ps:my bios ver is 1.24.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    141.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Hope helped.

just one thing to check regarding WWAN card - I think it can be also interesting for others willing to install proposed card.
on this LT4112 card (actually HUAWEI MU906E), on left side is antenna connector for AUX/GPS (should be white wire), and on right side for MAIN (should be black wire).
on WWAN card LT4210T (installed in my HP), on left side is MAIN for cable marked with red plastic ring, and on right side AUX for cable marked with blue plastic ring. so it seems it is oposite - see attached pics.
questions are:
- what was situation in your case, and how you connected it?
- is it important these cables to be connected as proposed, because I am afraid 1 of them would be short?

Attachments

• HP LT4120T.jpg
    HP LT4120T.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Huawei ME906E.jpg
    Huawei ME906E.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 120
just one thing to check regarding WWAN card - I think it can be also interesting for others willing to install proposed card.
on this LT4112 card (actually HUAWEI MU906E), on left side is antenna connector for AUX/GPS (should be white wire), and on right side for MAIN (should be black wire).
on WWAN card LT4210T (installed in my HP), on left side is MAIN for cable marked with red plastic ring, and on right side AUX for cable marked with blue plastic ring. so it seems it is oposite - see attached pics.
questions are:
- what was situation in your case, and how you connected it?
- is it important these cables to be connected as proposed, because I am afraid 1 of them would be short?

Correction: when I look more detailed, I think there is enough cable length if I need to connect as proper AUX/GPS and MAIN. I still didn't get this card (it is on the way, expecting soon), but anyhow any experience who did it is o.k.

Hope helped.

Today I finally got a WWAN card. Installed, cables connected. Card is properly recognised by system - checked in System Information. Problem with attached software, can not be installed - see attached pic. What can be wrong? I will try to find and investigate, or to find proper compatible software.

Attachments

• Inst_failed.jpeg
    Inst_failed.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back