Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recheck your BIOS settings to make sure they allow booting from an external drive.

Also, how are you connecting to your monitor ? VGA or Displayport ? DP to HDMI ?

You might also try putting the USB installer in one of the back panel USB 2.0 ports.

Last edited:
Recheck your BIOS settings to make sure they allow booting from an external drive.

Also, how are you connecting to your monitor ? VGA or Displayport ? DP to HDMI ?

You might also try putting the USB installer in one of the back panel USB 2.0 ports.
At the moment using VGA as i dont have access to a display port. What BIOS Settings do I need to make sure that it Boots into the USB.

At the moment using VGA as i dont have access to a display port. What BIOS Settings do I need to make sure that it Boots into the USB.
Under Storage Options tab in the BIOS. Removable media boot should be enabled.
I think that your main reason for the failed install is the fact that you're using HD2000 graphics which are not supported. There is 0 chance of getting HD2000 to work via VGA connection. Just not possible. Since you need a graphics card anyway once HS is installed, get one first then try installing again.

Under Storage Options tab in the BIOS. Removable media boot should be enabled.
I think that your main reason for the failed install is the fact that you're using HD2000 graphics which are not supported. There is 0 chance of getting HD2000 to work via VGA connection. Just not possible. Since you need a graphics card anyway once HS is installed, get one first then try installing again.
All good and working now! Thanks for everything!

What did you do that made the USB bootable ?
I installed unibeast on a different USB and changed the removable media boot to enabled. I got it to work with intel 2000 graphics just fine :) I will be putting a new ssd and a graphics card in later. One last question could you recommend and wifi card for this build I would like to bring it upstairs and do not have a ethernet access up there.

I installed unibeast on a different USB and changed the removable media boot to enabled. I got it to work with intel 2000 graphics just fine :) I will be putting a new ssd and a graphics card in later. One last question could you recommend and wifi card for this build I would like to bring it upstairs and do not have a ethernet access up there.
I've done an install on a Dell Sandy Bridge system with VGA so it is possible to do the install at least with passable graphics. For Wifi it's probably best to buy a LP PCIe adapter on Ebay and use either a BCM94360CD or the BCM943602CS wifi and BT card. Make sure the adapter comes with a LP bracket and is compatible with either of those cards.

I've done an install on a Dell Sandy Bridge system with VGA so it is possible to do the install at least with passable graphics. For Wifi it's probably best to buy a LP PCIe adapter on Ebay and use either a BCM94360CD or the BCM943602CS wifi and BT card. Make sure the adapter comes with a LP bracket and is compatible with either of those cards.
Would you be able to link me some of these sorry im very stupid when it comes to things like this. I appreciate all of your help! :)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fenvi-fv-t919-is-back-in-stock-51-30-shipped-from-china.252863/

This has the best range and speed, unfortunately it's a full height card that doesn't fit in the SFF case.
Look on Ebay for a separate 94360CD card and an adapter that works with it. Make sure it has a LP bracket option.
There are too many options to list so check the sellers credentials and reputation before buying. If you can buy from
a US seller all the better if you need to return anything. Good luck :thumbup:

Hello guys I have also hp compaq 8200 elite small factor i5 - ram 8Gb - psi gt710 and SSD 128Gb. I followed your instructions for Bios update and configuration but I have problem with the setup while installing the Sierra after a while the bar stop and I m getting a message “MacOS could not be installed on your computer“ An error occurred installing macOS. I checked one by one memory but still I have a problem
Any help please?

Attachments

• IMG_2978.JPG
    IMG_2978.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2979.JPG
    IMG_2979.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back