Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tutorial. I followed it step by step, and hacked my 6200 without any problems. Everything works perfectly, except sound via HDMI, internal case speaker works fine, headphone output as well, onboard sound perfectly, but HDMI sound doesn’t work, when I set it on speaker bar becomes grayish. Any suggestions?
What graphics card ? What CPU ? all this should be posted in your personal details.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

I apologize, I guess I was too excited to read rules before posting.
Gpu is Asus en210, and cpu i3 2100. I used kext beast and file posted in first post, but still don’t have working HDMI audio

I apologize, I guess I was too excited to read rules before posting.
Gpu is Asus en210, and cpu i3 2100. I used kext beast and file posted in first post, but still don’t have working HDMI audio
Did you install both of the audio kexts ? There is one specific for the EN/GT210 and the HDADisabler.kext too. If you use the regular Voodoo kext the HDMI doesn't work. I used the exact same system you have for testing so I know it does work. Delete the other Voodoo kext if you installed that then use the one in red highlight shown below.

Screen_Shot_2.jpg

Last edited:
I used exactly the one you’ve highlighted plus HDADisabler. All other sound works perfectly fine except HDMI.
Is it possible that it doesn’t work because I plugged it into my AV reciver. The idea for this built was to use this 6200 under the TV, as a media center.

Last edited:
I used exactly the one you’ve highlighted plus HDADisabler. All other sound works perfectly fine except HDMI.
Is it possible that it doesn’t work because I plugged it into my AV receiver. The idea for this built was to use this 6200 under the TV, as a media center.
Try it direct into the TV HDMI input and see if it works. There will be no controls for the HDMI volume in macOS, you can only control the volume levels through your tv remote or the tv itself. This is what I select in sound prefs for working HDMI.

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 3.50.57 PM.png

Last edited:
Works that way, just as you’ve explained, still doesn’t work if signal is processed through AV receiver

Works that way, just as you’ve explained, still doesn’t work if signal is processed through AV receiver
Let us know if you figure out what is needed to run the signal through a receiver. I'm sure others are interested.

if you haven't installed the VoodooHDA Pref Pane app you could try using that. Find it attached below.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.prefPane.zip
    471.6 KB · Views: 83
Ok, this is what I ‘ve learned so far. I guess limitations are within my AV receiver. As soon as I switch to a simple stereo mode, everything works fine. I cannot adjust volume over a Mac OS, speaker icon is gray, but sounds is coming out, and I can control volume on receiver. Thanks for the help.

Hi,
got High Sierra working on a 8200 i5-2500 with GT710. I had the full HD resolution after multibeast, but after a boot, i got now only 1200x960 (i have no more screen attached, just screen sharing). I also have no sound. Any idea? Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back