Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get to the USB installer. I've flashed the BIOS, created the installer with Unibeast>High Sierra>Legacy Boot Mode and when I try to boot from the USB it just restarts the PC or takes me back to windows ?

I can't get to the USB installer. I've flashed the BIOS, created the installer with Unibeast>High Sierra>Legacy Boot Mode and when I try to boot from the USB it just restarts the PC or takes me back to windows ?
Disconnect the Windows drive (remove sata cable) and then try the install. You can also try placing the USB into the rear panel USB 2.0 port. the ones under the Ethernet port. You should also be using the F9 key at boot up to get to the boot manager. Then select your USB there.

Last edited:
Disconnect the Windows drive (remove sata cable) and then try the install. You can also try placing the USB into the rear panel USB 2.0 port. the ones under the Ethernet port. You should also be using the F9 key at boot up to get to the boot manager. Then select your USB there.

I just tried that and it said "Non-system disk or disk error"

Couple of things you can do. Go back into BIOS and make sure all the settings are right. Check under storage options: AHCI mode and Removable Media Boot are enabled. Make sure Serial Port is disabled. Post a picture here of what your boot menu screen looks like after you press the F9 key. You could also try remaking the USB installer and add inject Nvidia if you are using the GT210 graphics card. Make certain you are using Unibeast 8.1.0 for High Sierra and not the Sierra version which won't work.

Last edited:
Couple of things you can do. Go back into BIOS and make sure all the settings are right. Check under storage options: AHCI mode and Removable Media Boot are enabled. Make sure Serial Port is disabled. Post a picture here of what your boot menu screen looks like after you press the F9 key. You could also try remaking the USB installer and add inject Nvidia if you are using the GT210 graphics card. Make certain you are using Unibeast 8.1.0 for High Sierra and not the Sierra version which won't work.

Thank you for your help, it seems I restored factory defaults (again?) and restarted the PC and it automatically booted from the USB, I can now get to the installer but with choppy graphics, is that because of my GPU or ... ?

Thank you for your help, it seems I restored factory defaults (again?) and restarted the PC and it automatically booted from the USB, I can now get to the installer but with choppy graphics, is that because of my GPU or ... ?
What is your exact GPU model ?

What is your exact GPU model ?

GeForce G100 from the 100 Series of Nvidia graphics cards, can I install mac drivers for this as I have had a look and cannot find any

GeForce G100 from the 100 Series of Nvidia graphics cards, can I install mac drivers for this as I have had a look and cannot find any
I have no experience with that card as it's from about 2009. I would guess that you need to inject Nvidia. Don't think that the Nvidia web drivers would be useful at all. Can you get something newer than that ?

I have no experience with that card as it's from about 2009. I would guess that you need to inject Nvidia. Don't think that the Nvidia web drivers would be useful at all. Can you get something newer than that ?

I injected Nvidia in Clover boot options but it didn't boot but it boots fine without it, when I get to the post installation should I ignore inject nvidia then? I don't need it?

I injected Nvidia in Clover boot options but it didn't boot but it boots fine without it, when I get to the post installation should I ignore inject nvidia then? I don't need it?
Sounds right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back