Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

WORKS!

Now, i have tried a lot of patches to correct the B1B4, but i don´t know what i am doing wrong.

the error is: 5220, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^EC0.VERN)

and the location is _SB>PCI0>LPCB>MAP1>WMAB

I had tried already :

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^_SB\.PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^EC0.ERN0,^^EC0.ERN1,^^EC0.ERN2,^^EC0.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^EC0.ERN0,^^EC0.ERN1,^^EC0.ERN2,^^EC0.ERN3), end;

into_all method label WMAB code_regex \(\^PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replaceall_matched begin (B1B4 (^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN0, ^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN1, ^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN2, ^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^_SB\.PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN0,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN1,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN2,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN0,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN1,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN2,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(VERN, replaceall_matched begin (B1B4(ERN0,ERN1,ERN2,ERN3), end;

What am i doing wrong??

Thanks for all your paciente.

No idea. Not enough information. If you want advice post native DSDT and the complete set of patches you're applying.

WORKS!

Now, i have tried a lot of patches to correct the B1B4, but i don´t know what i am doing wrong.

the error is: 5220, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^EC0.VERN)

and the location is _SB>PCI0>LPCB>MAP1>WMAB

I had tried already :

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^_SB\.PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^EC0.ERN0,^^EC0.ERN1,^^EC0.ERN2,^^EC0.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^EC0.ERN0,^^EC0.ERN1,^^EC0.ERN2,^^EC0.ERN3), end;

into_all method label WMAB code_regex \(\^PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replaceall_matched begin (B1B4 (^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN0, ^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN1, ^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN2, ^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^_SB\.PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN0,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN1,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN2,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.MAP1\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN0,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN1,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN2,^^PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.ERN3), end;

into method label WMAB code_regex \(VERN, replaceall_matched begin (B1B4(ERN0,ERN1,ERN2,ERN3), end;

What am i doing wrong??

Thanks for all your paciente.

The code you're trying to fix is:
Code:
Store (^^EC0.VERN, ...

Why are your regex looking for (PCI0.LPCB.MAP1.VERN,

Should be looking for (^^EC0.VERN,

eg.

Code:
into method label WMAB code_regex \(\^\^EC0\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^EC0.ERN0,^^EC0.ERN1,^^EC0.ERN2,^^EC0.ERN3), end;

into method label WMBB code_regex \(\^\^EC0\.VERN, replace_matched begin (B1B4(^^EC0.ERN0,^^EC0.ERN1,^^EC0.ERN2,^^EC0.ERN3), end;

Ok!! I guess i finish the edition on my dsdt...here is the patches and DSDT https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhydc9dacmim4pu/AADVtqyht9YyfH918gznqUYLa?dl=0

i do not apply the patches on this DSDT, so Can you give a look, please?? The problem is my battery status shows, but the charge just go down...not increase...Stuck in 96%. I had already tried debug and release kexts, upgrade the fakesmc, and nothing change. Did i do something wrong on the DSDT? Help Please!!!!

Ok!! I guess i finish the edition on my dsdt...here is the patches and DSDT https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhydc9dacmim4pu/AADVtqyht9YyfH918gznqUYLa?dl=0

i do not apply the patches on this DSDT, so Can you give a look, please?? The problem is my battery status shows, but the charge just go down...not increase...Stuck in 96%. I had already tried debug and release kexts, upgrade the fakesmc, and nothing change. Did i do something wrong on the DSDT? Help Please!!!!

The DSDT you have out there is already patched. Not useful.

Please post native DSDT and patches you applied (as a text file).

Please note that most laptops will not start charging until reaching some threshold around ~92%.

The dsdt-patch 'battery_Dell-Inspiron-13z.txt' also works for the Dell Vostro 3750. Thanks!

The dsdt-patch 'battery_Dell-Inspiron-13z.txt' also works for the Dell Vostro 3750. Thanks!

Thanks, I'll add it to the comments in the patch.

Back