Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

I do not have much experience but if you help me I promise I learn fast

I do not have much experience but if you help me I promise I learn fast

The idea would be to first analyse the debug output in system.log from the debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext so you understand what your DSDT is returning under the various conditions, and have a clear idea of what circumstances it returns erroneous values. You should also pay attention if any ACPI methods are failing when they are called.

Next, insert debug trace statements into the method responsible (_BST, _BIF, etc.) to determine more about what is going on in the code. That's where ACPIDebug.kext comes in. If you're familiar with programming and the idea of outputting debug log statements to solve problems with code, you should be able to figure out ACPIDebug.

It also doesn't hurt to be somewhat familiar with ACPI programming, or having a knack for understanding new programming languages relatively quickly. You can read about it in the ACPI spec: http://acpi.info/spec.htm.

thank you very much, I'm reading the stuff I pasastes.
do you could tell me how to activate again the "S4" state to perform an experiment?

thank you very much, I'm reading the stuff I pasastes.
do you could tell me how to activate again the "S4" state to perform an experiment?

If I remember right, the original hibernatemode is 3.

Hey RehabMan,

I successfully followed your tutoriel about how to patch DSDT in order to get power management working but i still have a little problem after patching my dsdt; it appears i cant get my battery loaded at 100%, even after several hours with the power cable plugged to my laptop it always stuck at 96%.
What could i do to solve the issue, could you explain me it?

here is my DSDT link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z5n06fm1i6mjjk/dsdt.aml?dl=0

Hey RehabMan,

I successfully followed your tutoriel about how to patch DSDT in order to get power management working but i still have a little problem after patching my dsdt; it appears i cant get my battery loaded at 100%, even after several hours with the power cable plugged to my laptop it always stuck at 96%.
What could i do to solve the issue, could you explain me it?

here is my DSDT link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z5n06fm1i6mjjk/dsdt.aml?dl=0

Most laptops will not start charging until a lower threshold of capacity is reached. Usually somewhere around 92%.

rehabman, yesterday I checked the "BIOS" of my laptop and I deactivated the "Battery Cycle Life Extensions" option and now the percentage of battery charge reaches 100% :clap:

I attached a picture of the "BIOS" with the options that I can choose for configuration.
You can tell me what could disable or enable ?. Please.
thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG-20141010-00025.jpg
    IMG-20141010-00025.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 91
Back