Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

ok sorry for my bad english but how can i fix my battery n the dsdt.aml ?

ok sorry for my bad english but how can i fix my battery n the dsdt.aml ?

Read post #1.

Hi.
patch for #battery_ASUS-G75vw.txt
works for
Asus K56CM

Hi.
patch for #battery_ASUS-G75vw.txt
works for
Asus K56CM

Thanks. Will add a comment to that effect in the file...

Hi RehabMan.. great guide.. today i'm gonna start the process, but first i've got some questions:

1. should i set "ACPI 5.0" instead of 4.0 in the preferences?
2. Is there a way to browse string words instead of scrolling down with mouse looking for the word? (being a newbie i'm afraid of missing something in the searching process).. Thanks in advance

Hi RehabMan.. great guide.. today i'm gonna start the process, but first i've got some questions:

1. should i set "ACPI 5.0" instead of 4.0 in the preferences?

ACPI 4.0 is usually adequate. ACPI 5.0 is used by some of the newer machines.

2. Is there a way to browse string words instead of scrolling down with mouse looking for the word? (being a newbie i'm afraid of missing something in the searching process).. Thanks in advance

Like any text editor... Find -> Find...

Hello, i have a problem with battery status after wake from sleep. Everything works good, but if i put my laptop into sleep mode with connected AC after that, when is in sleep mode i unplug the ac and then i wake my laptop. After wake my laptop thinks that is still connected to AC, only battery percentage goes slowly down. (No minus Amperage mA in system information)
Temporaly solution is unplug laptop when is awake and then let it sleep then unplug from ac.
PS: screenshots showing state after sleep (ac disconnected) like i described previously.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 19.44.43.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 19.44.43.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 19.44.17.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 19.44.17.png
    25 KB · Views: 116
  • dsdt.aml
    77 KB · Views: 90

Hello, i have a problem with battery status after wake from sleep. Everything works good, but if i put my laptop into sleep mode with connected AC after that, when is in sleep mode i unplug the ac and then i wake my laptop. After wake my laptop thinks that is still connected to AC, only battery percentage goes slowly down. (No minus Amperage mA in system information)
Temporaly solution is unplug laptop when is awake and then let it sleep then unplug from ac.
PS: screenshots showing state after sleep (ac disconnected) like i described previously.

Use the debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext to analyse what the output from DSDT _BIF/_BST is.

And/or ACPIDebug.kext to debug your DSDT code itself: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

I found out that problem is this: AppleSmartBattery::setBatteryBST: currentStatus = 0x0

0x0 is when AC connected
0x1 is when running on battery
it works fine, but after sleep like i described it shows 0x0 (status for ac connected), but running on battery.

I found out that problem is this: AppleSmartBattery::setBatteryBST: currentStatus = 0x0

0x0 is when AC connected
0x1 is when running on battery
it works fine, but after sleep like i described it shows 0x0 (status for ac connected), but running on battery.

0x0: not charging, not discharging: would be normal if the battery is not charging (just because AC is connected doesn't mean it should be charging -- most chargers will only initiate a charge if the battery has fallen under a certain threshold, usually somewhere around 92%).

0x01: discharging

0x02: charging

Back