Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Has anyone made a patch for a Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and would share it?

You might look in the repo to see if one is a fit.

Hey Rehabman,

thank you for your reply. I already checked the Repo´s but nothing seems to fit to my DSDT. I also tried to patch my own DSDT but my knowledge about DSDT patching is far to limited to understand how to do it. I managed to patch my own DSDT to get Fan Control, Brigthness Sliders etc. to work but these Patches are easy to apply. Your guide far exceeds my abilities and so I hoped that someone has done the Patch for the T6x Thinkpad series all ready. If you don´t mind I´ll attach my actual uses DSDT and would be more than thankful if you could take a look at it.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    58.3 KB · Views: 89

Hey Rehabman,

thank you for your reply. I already checked the Repo´s but nothing seems to fit to my DSDT. I also tried to patch my own DSDT but my knowledge about DSDT patching is far to limited to understand how to do it. I managed to patch my own DSDT to get Fan Control, Brigthness Sliders etc. to work but these Patches are easy to apply. Your guide far exceeds my abilities and so I hoped that someone has done the Patch for the T6x Thinkpad series all ready. If you don´t mind I´ll attach my actual uses DSDT and would be more than thankful if you could take a look at it.

The patch for "Lenovo X220" looks like a close enough match.

Yes, that did it. I Can confirm the X220 Patch also works on T61 Machines.
Thank You so much, now it´s perfect ;)

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 96

Looks like the "ASUS G75VW" is applicable.

I tried but it caused more errors and I'm unable to fix them all :D.

I tried but it caused more errors and I'm unable to fix them all :D.

It applies with no errors.

Note: Be sure to follow the instructions in post #1 and resolve all errors prior to patching. This one requires "Fix ADBG Error" and one hand edit (F100 -> F110). Also, use ACPI 5.0. And you must disassemble all DSDT/SSDT at once with "iasl -da DSDT.dat SSDT*.dat" (based on the upload of native files you provided).

Hey i have a problem to patch my dsdt to get working battery

my laptop is a hp g62 120eg
Wlan works
sound works
i message dont works
here is my dsdt
thx for your time

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    77.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Patched DSDT.aml
    46.5 KB · Views: 89

Hey i have a problem to patch my dsdt to get working battery

my laptop is a hp g62 120eg
Wlan works
sound works
i message dont works
here is my dsdt
thx for your time

What is the difference between DSDT.aml and PatchedDSDT.aml.

They appear to be for different computers? Or at least some very incorrect patches were applied...

For battery patching refer here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

the difference of the dsdt´s is that the patched dsdt.aml with audio patch is for my alc 270 (AppleHDA)
and the dsdt.aml is from my laptop with out patches and compile´s

i have tried the debug of rehab battery kext but it says the is no battery and the same with the release kext

i´ve tried this patch text #battery_HP-G62-B13SL.txt from this https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/battery/battery_HP-G62-B13SL.txt in the patched dsdt,aml

but it dosnt work

my cpu is a i3 330m Arrandale

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-28 um 14.00.50.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-28 um 14.00.50.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 129

the difference of the dsdt´s is that the patched dsdt.aml with audio patch is for my alc 270 (AppleHDA)
and the dsdt.aml is from my laptop with out patches and compile´s

There are more differences than that... You should probably start over with your DSDT patching process.

Back