Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

I have installed the ACPIBatteryManager Kext and patched my dsdt with this guide.
(there was only one used 16 number i divide into 8 and 8)

But no batterystatus in osx mojave

What did i wrong?

Attachments

• debug_1997.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
I have installed the ACPIBatteryManager Kext and patched my dsdt with this guide.
(there was only one used 16 number i divide into 8 and 8)

But no batterystatus in osx mojave

What did i wrong?

Your kextcache output shows your mistake quite obviously:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fddd1fdb880 [0x7fff8bc758e0]> { URL = "ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager" }
ACPIBatteryManager.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

See FAQ for correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your kextcache output shows your mistake quite obviously:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fddd1fdb880 [0x7fff8bc758e0]> { URL = "ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager" }
ACPIBatteryManager.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

See FAQ for correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok now with right permissions but no changes.
No Batterystatus shows

Attachments

• debug_21738.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
Ok now with right permissions but no changes.
No Batterystatus shows

You did not patch correctly. Must patch all multibyte EC fields...
A quick check finds unpatched EC fields (one example is SBRC).
Probably one of the existing Lenovo patches will work...
Note grep can show you ones that you should try:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:battery rehabman$ grep -l SBRC *.txt
battery_Lenovo-E430.txt
battery_Lenovo-L420.txt
battery_Lenovo-T430u.txt
battery_Lenovo-T440p.txt
battery_Lenovo-ThinkPad-W550s.txt
battery_Lenovo-Twist.txt
battery_Lenovo-V510-15IKB.txt
battery_Lenovo-X201.txt
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt
battery_Lenovo-X230i.txt
battery_Lenovo-Yoga-S1.txt

Also macOS does not support multiple battery objects (your ioreg shows 2). Must use SSDT-BATC to combine them.

You did not patch correctly. Must patch all multibyte EC fields...
A quick check finds unpatched EC fields (one example is SBRC).
Probably one of the existing Lenovo patches will work...
Note grep can show you ones that you should try:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:battery rehabman$ grep -l SBRC *.txt
battery_Lenovo-E430.txt
battery_Lenovo-L420.txt
battery_Lenovo-T430u.txt
battery_Lenovo-T440p.txt
battery_Lenovo-ThinkPad-W550s.txt
battery_Lenovo-Twist.txt
battery_Lenovo-V510-15IKB.txt
battery_Lenovo-X201.txt
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt
battery_Lenovo-X230i.txt
battery_Lenovo-Yoga-S1.txt

Also macOS does not support multiple battery objects (your ioreg shows 2). Must use SSDT-BATC to combine them.
I want to learn it so i changed all by hand, but now it works!
Thank you

Hi RehabMan,
I've corrected the ACPI configuration and am now using your build of Clover.
I have attached the new files. I found that this seems to be a timing issue since if I do the AC adapter before login in procedure described by you, everything works perfectly. Also the battery status seems to randomly want to work from startup but other times not. So this leads me to believe it's a timing issue and not something that I'm doing wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm stumped since I don't know what to do. I've tried the flag but to no avail. Can you please have a look to see if I've done everything correctly?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2 MB · Views: 69
Hi RehabMan,
I've corrected the ACPI configuration and am now using your build of Clover.
I have attached the new files. I found that this seems to be a timing issue since if I do the AC adapter before login in procedure described by you, everything works perfectly. Also the battery status seems to randomly want to work from startup but other times not. So this leads me to believe it's a timing issue and not something that I'm doing wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm stumped since I don't know what to do. I've tried the flag but to no avail. Can you please have a look to see if I've done everything correctly?

Thanks a lot for the help!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan, i'm currently having a trouble patching dsdt, it always show error "Object does not exist (B1B2)" after compiling. I'm using dsdt file from your GitHub (Battery-HP-Envy-17t) since my laptop was supported (HP M4 1007tx). any advice ?
this is my embeddedcontrol dsdt file.

Attachments

• dsdt-embed.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 119
Hi RehabMan, i'm currently having a trouble patching dsdt, it always show error "Object does not exist (B1B2)" after compiling. I'm using dsdt file from your GitHub (Battery-HP-Envy-17t) since my laptop was supported (HP M4 1007tx). any advice ?
this is my embeddedcontrol dsdt file.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_8314.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Back