Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Here you go, I didn't run the gen_debug.sh tool from black-dragon74's Github page but I was able to run gen_debug. Lemme know if I did something wrong.

You have no patched DSDT.
Read post #1.

You have no patched DSDT.
Read post #1.

That's the step when you need to press F4 when booting right? How about this file?

Attachments

• 17532.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,
I have applied the [bat]Dell Inspiron 15 7xxx, the OS Fix (Windows 8)and the AC Adapter Fix patches to my Dell Inspiron 15 7537's DSDT and the battery status is read correctly however it does not refresh automatically but I need to do so myself by clicking on "Show Percentage" twice. I have also installed the ACPIBatteryManager.kext. It used to work fine on Sierra but now it does not on High Sierra 10.13.6. Whenever I connect the AC adapter, the icon and status does not automatically change either.

So to sum up, status reporting is correct however status refreshing doesn't work. Can you help me fix it please? I have attached the requested reports.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
Hi RehabMan,
I have applied the [bat]Dell Inspiron 15 7xxx, the OS Fix (Windows 8)and the AC Adapter Fix patches to my Dell Inspiron 15 7537's DSDT and the battery status is read correctly however it does not refresh automatically but I need to do so myself by clicking on "Show Percentage" twice. I have also installed the ACPIBatteryManager.kext. It used to work fine on Sierra but now it does not on High Sierra 10.13.6. Whenever I connect the AC adapter, the icon and status does not automatically change either.

So to sum up, status reporting is correct however status refreshing doesn't work. Can you help me fix it please? I have attached the requested reports.

Thanks in advance!

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
As per FAQ, kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
As per FAQ, kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.

Sorry, didn't realise that it's best to install them in /L/E. Unfortunately, even after doing so and rebuilding the cache, I'm in the same situation. The battery status doesn't show up for about 5 or 10 (sometimes 20-30) minutes after boot (including the information about the battery in System Reports -> Power) and when it does, it doesn't update automatically as the battery percentage goes down. I'm on an HFS+ volume with TRIM disabled just in case. If I make the laptop go to sleep and wake it, the battery status is there. I tried with an 8 and 16 second first poll delay (through the boot flag) and that has no effect whatsoever. I'm really confused here. I have updated the clover folder and kextcache output log file in the attachment.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Sorry, didn't realise that it's best to install them in /L/E. Unfortunately, even after doing so and rebuilding the cache, I'm in the same situation. The battery status doesn't show up for about 5 or 10 (sometimes 20-30) minutes after boot (including the information about the battery in System Reports -> Power) and when it does, it doesn't update automatically as the battery percentage goes down. I'm on an HFS+ volume with TRIM disabled just in case. If I make the laptop go to sleep and wake it, the battery status is there. I tried with an 8 and 16 second first poll delay (through the boot flag) and that has no effect whatsoever. I'm really confused here. I have updated the clover folder and kextcache output log file in the attachment.

Thanks for the help!

Read here regarding abm_firstpolldelay:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Also, your ACPI configuration is not correct.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Sorry to ask, I've made progress but I my regexpression seems to not work to patch this line:

Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BPR0, Local1)

into method label _BST code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.H_HC\.BPR0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.PR00,^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.PR01), end;

Thank you!

(I've manually patched it for now but it would help later if I want to contribute...)

edit: wow I'm having to patch a lot of this manually now but at least I'm making progress...

Last edited:
I did it! I managed to get it working on my hp pavilion g6-1d71nr

I want to thank rehabman and everyone else (looking at old comments helped me out tremendously)!

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 7.34.07 PM.png

Sorry to ask, I've made progress but I my regexpression seems to not work to patch this line:

Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BPR0, Local1)

into method label _BST code_regex \(\^\^PCI0\.LPCB\.H_HC\.BPR0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.PR00,^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.PR01), end;

Thank you!

(I've manually patched it for now but it would help later if I want to contribute...)

edit: wow I'm having to patch a lot of this manually now but at least I'm making progress...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back