Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Sorry. Here's the archive the script generated. It looks like it didn't dump Clover files, as my system doesn't support UEFI, Clover is installed at the root of my OSX partition... Should I include them?

Attachments

• debug_11578.zip
    633.4 KB · Views: 71
Sorry. Here's the archive the script generated. It looks like it didn't dump Clover files, as my system doesn't support UEFI, Clover is installed at the root of my OSX partition... Should I include them?

Even on legacy installs, you should have installed Clover to the EFI partition.
PR files incomplete. Must contain all files requested in the FAQ.

Hi,

My battery status used to work on Sierra, but after a fresh install of High Sierra, I cannot make it work.
I cannot make the battery status working, even after patching my DSDT with the patch from your Github repo. I used the same model as my laptop, Lenovo z50-70, and it compiled without errors. But when I tick the battery status checkbox in the SysPref, if automatically gets untick. I also tried to use HWMonitor, but it cannot find my battery.

I used the tool reporting generator from black.dragon74 to attach the required files.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_27393.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
Hi,

My battery status used to work on Sierra, but after a fresh install of High Sierra, I cannot make it work.
I cannot make the battery status working, even after patching my DSDT with the patch from your Github repo. I used the same model as my laptop, Lenovo z50-70, and it compiled without errors. But when I tick the battery status checkbox in the SysPref, if automatically gets untick. I also tried to use HWMonitor, but it cannot find my battery.

I used the tool reporting generator from black.dragon74 to attach the required files.

Thanks.

Remove ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.
Your laptop uses hotpatch as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...40-70-g50-70-g40-70-using-clover-uefi.232823/

Note also that APFS is known to cause issues.
Better to install to HFS+J.
Otherwise, if you insist on APFS, read here regarding abm_firstpolldelay:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Note also your kexts are installed incorrectly. For 10.11 and later, kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
the-braveknight scripts install to the correct location, so no idea why you did something different/wrong.

Remove ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.
Your laptop uses hotpatch as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...40-70-g50-70-g40-70-using-clover-uefi.232823/

Note also that APFS is known to cause issues.
Better to install to HFS+J.
Otherwise, if you insist on APFS, read here regarding abm_firstpolldelay:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Note also your kexts are installed incorrectly. For 10.11 and later, kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
the-braveknight scripts install to the correct location, so no idea why you did something different/wrong.

Thanks, deleting the DSDT in the patched folder got it working! I will also move the kexts to /L/E instead of /S/L/E.

Even on legacy installs, you should have installed Clover to the EFI partition.
PR files incomplete. Must contain all files requested in the FAQ.

Me again. Sorry for wasting your time. This time the archive is complete.

Attachments

• debug_13537.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
Me again. Sorry for wasting your time. This time the archive is complete.

You failed to patch for Mutex objects with non-zero SyncLevel.
Apply "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel" or use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixMutex=true.
Also, you didn't patch to accommodate _OSI("Darwin").
Apply one of the "OS Check Fix" patches or use _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml (see ACPI hotpatch guide for details)

I didn't check anything else.

You failed to patch for Mutex objects with non-zero SyncLevel.
Apply "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel" or use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixMutex=true.
Also, you didn't patch to accommodate _OSI("Darwin").
Apply one of the "OS Check Fix" patches or use _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml (see ACPI hotpatch guide for details)

I didn't check anything else.

Done. My battery indicator works!!

Congratulations.

Thank you haha. I patched the fields one by one, is there a way to read all patches in one .txt file or do I have to start all over?

Back