#battery_ASUS-N55SL.txt

# created by RehabMan 8/12/2013
# created originally for jesselid

# works for:
# ASUS UX430 (per starcentral)
# ...
# and many others"

Battery % show always 0%, where is the problem? Thank you
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Ok i installed on system volume but same problem , only 0%.

EDIT. BATTERY % WORK, Thank you :).

Attachments

• debug_14827.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Nice to hear you have it working...
Only one problem, the update of the % isn't immediately in the status bar on top.
If I go in the system preference and energy saving there is correct %, but in the status bar update after 2 3 mins, same thing if I connect power adapter. It's normal?

Attachments

• debug_12999.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Only one problem, the update of the % isn't immediately in the status bar on top.
If I go in the system preference and energy saving there is correct %, but in the status bar update after 2 3 mins, same thing if I connect power adapter. It's normal?

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your ioreg shows you installed to a USB device. And to APFS. Likely to cause slow boot, which will cause lots of problems.
Install to the SSD instead.
Or read here regarding abm_firstpolldelay:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/
See also here regarding installing to HFS+J:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

1st of all, thank you RebabMan for all your enthusiastic work and findings.

Since I followed your HP laptop procedure via your github-repo. (I love it) and ACPI hotpatching, I have almost everything up and running except the Battery/Power-Management.

It looks like, Battery is not detected (have only BAT0 installed on my HP EliteBook G1)

It is High Sierra running on: 'HP EliteBook 840 G1' with board “198F”.

The worse thing is, that the Laptop cannot be disconnect under this circumstances, like no BAT, not installed is indicated…

From IOregExplorer: “org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager 1.81.4” is used.

No static patches in use, for testing find that the extracted dsdt.dsl fails to compile.

Strange, because all of the other devices are working.

In preboot.log have for the hotfixes seen: “bin not found / already patched!”,

which is mystery for me. What does it means? (there is no other patched dsdt.aml)

Based on your experience, is it normal that the original dsdt.dsl (unpatched, freshly extracted via Clover F4) fails, when compiling?

Do you have any hint to solve this Battery-issue for me, please?

ThanX a lot in advance,

Kind regards from Germany.

Attachments

• ACPI_issue_HP840G1.zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 66
1st of all, thank you RebabMan for all your enthusiastic work and findings.

Since I followed your HP laptop procedure via your github-repo. (I love it) and ACPI hotpatching, I have almost everything up and running except the Battery/Power-Management.

It looks like, Battery is not detected (have only BAT0 installed on my HP EliteBook G1)

It is High Sierra running on: 'HP EliteBook 840 G1' with board “198F”.

The worse thing is, that the Laptop cannot be disconnect under this circumstances, like no BAT, not installed is indicated…

From IOregExplorer: “org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager 1.81.4” is used.

No static patches in use, for testing find that the extracted dsdt.dsl fails to compile.

Strange, because all of the other devices are working.

In preboot.log have for the hotfixes seen: “bin not found / already patched!”,

which is mystery for me. What does it means? (there is no other patched dsdt.aml)

Based on your experience, is it normal that the original dsdt.dsl (unpatched, freshly extracted via Clover F4) fails, when compiling?

Do you have any hint to solve this Battery-issue for me, please?

ThanX a lot in advance,

Kind regards from Germany.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello again,

This is my 2nd shot with all the requested files to debug attached.
ACPI_issue_HP840G1_REV2.zip
I also used the gen_debug tool, cool. The result is same same then all my manual collection, but much faster and comfortable. Nice!
I hope you can see whats wrong, to give me a hint how to fix it.
And again, thank you very much.

Attachments

• ACPI_issue_HP840G1_REV2.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 76
Hello again,

This is my 2nd shot with all the requested files to debug attached.
ACPI_issue_HP840G1_REV2.zip
I also used the gen_debug tool, cool. The result is same same then all my manual collection, but much faster and comfortable. Nice!
I hope you can see whats wrong, to give me a hint how to fix it.
And again, thank you very much.

You used the wrong argument to install_acpi.sh.
You used 'install_4x0g1_haswell'. Your profile shows 840 G1 Haswell, so you should have used 'install_8x0g1_haswell'

Read the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Further discussion here is off-topic. In the future, please reply in the Probook guide thread.

Reactions: N13
Hello @RehabMan
I followed the guide for my laptop (Acer 5810TG) and it seems to have partially worked. It detects if it's charging or not, and the estimated time looks correct. I also noticed that my laptop runs a bit cooler now. However, the percentage always reads 0.
Will the patch on the first page of this thread fix this? I don't understand how to apply it since my DSDT doesn't have a FBST method, and my GBST method doesn't look like that at all.
In the zip archive you'll find a copy of my ioreg, a few kexstats outputs, a patched and a vanilla DSDT, and a screenshot.
Looking forward hearing from you soon, and many thanks for this thorough guide.

Attachments

• zero.zip
    493.9 KB · Views: 71
Hello @RehabMan
I followed the guide for my laptop (Acer 5810TG) and it seems to have partially worked. It detects if it's charging or not, and the estimated time looks correct. I also noticed that my laptop runs a bit cooler now. However, the percentage always reads 0.
Will the patch on the first page of this thread fix this? I don't understand how to apply it since my DSDT doesn't have a FBST method, and my GBST method doesn't look like that at all.
In the zip archive you'll find a copy of my ioreg, a few kexstats outputs, a patched and a vanilla DSDT, and a screenshot.
Looking forward hearing from you soon, and many thanks for this thorough guide.

Back