Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Haswell System - MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 OC 0.7.5

I use 4U rack Case, on it are Front 2 USB2 and 2 USB3.

On Z97X-UD7-TH are next port (attached)
6 USB3 rear
2 USB3 on board header
6 USB2 on board header.

I want to use it all USB3 port and 3 USB2 port.
The 3 internal USB2 port OK, working as card reader and Front 1,2

USB3 header on board (SS01,SS02,HS01,HS02) ok, they working as USB3 and USB2.
USB3 1-4 working as USB3 and USB2
USB3 5-6 working only USB3 mode

Strange: HS05,HS06 it should be here SS05,SS06 USB2 mode, but here is internal header USB2 3,4. Why?

BT module is visible on hackintool and USBMap Master, but no visible in system pref.
TB2 no visible

I really appreciate any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 0.01.17.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 0.01.17.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 28
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Z97X_back.jpg
    Z97X_back.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Z97x.jpg
    Z97x.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 31
I use 4U rack Case, on it are Front 2 USB2 and 2 USB3.

On Z97X-UD7-TH are next port (attached)
6 USB3 rear
2 USB3 on board header
6 USB2 on board header.

I want to use it all USB3 port and 3 USB2 port.
The 3 internal USB2 port OK, working as card reader and Front 1,2

USB3 header on board (SS01,SS02,HS01,HS02) ok, they working as USB3 and USB2.
USB3 1-4 working as USB3 and USB2
USB3 5-6 working only USB3 mode

Strange: HS05,HS06 it should be here SS05,SS06 USB2 mode, but here is internal header USB2 3,4. Why?

BT module is visible on hackintool and USBMap Master, but no visible in system pref.
TB2 no visible

I really appreciate any help!
the only one that should be listed as internal should be your wifi card

USB2 should be set as USB2 and USB3 should be set as USB3

I reorganized my usb devices, USB3 5,6 got only USB3 devices, so all devices working, what i would like.
Only Bt module and Thunderbolt not working.

I reorganized my usb devices, USB3 5,6 got only USB3 devices, so all devices working, what i would like.
Only Bt module and Thunderbolt not working.
Hello! For Thunderbolt, did you try installing Windows, loading the Thunderbolt driver within Windows and connecting a device before booting into Mac OS? That is the way I've gotten Thunderbolt working with these chipsets. Also I have access to a build with the same motherboard and another build with a similar motherboard (GA-Z87X-UD5 TH). If you're able to send your most recent EFI folder (with fixed USB issue) I can test on my end and circle back!

All VERY good info. Thank you. Was not aware at all about the USBs causing the sleep issues. Will work on that next. I saw a detailed guide pinned somewhere here.
hi buddy, could you upload your efi folder? we have similar mobos and maybe i can solve my problem with your efi

Did you look at post #1 ? There is an EFI attached at the end of it.
yes, i wrote in another thread:
- with efi from post 1 i couldnt even boot to installation of monterey
- with efi from post 49 and after i edited smbios, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID i could install monterey but it crashed on setup assistant. after i edited MAC adress on this efi, i managed to complete setup assistant and i booted to desktop. what is interesting, i get video from my gt 710 and not my onboard, yet it shows only 7mb memory but i at least managed to get to desktop :)

i even attached my efi and provided more information here: another thread

i get video from my gt 710 and not my onboard
That's because Kepler cards have no support in Monterey you won't get graphics acceleration.

To get working graphics on a Haswell system running Monterey it's best to use Macmini7,1 and the HD4600. Edhawk does have an EFI folder for that. Give it a try.

Back