Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you install to that device in the first place if your NVMe setup is in question?

Using a USB with clover to boot from.

What is the difference between that setup and your setup now?

My suggestion: Either start over being very careful, or install to a non-NVMe device and work on NVMe configuration at post-install (there are more tools available for me to determine your mistake).

Last edited:
What is the difference between that setup and your setup now?

My suggestion: Either start over being very careful, or install to a non-NVMe device and work on NVMe configuration at post-install (there are more tools available for me to determine your mistake).

The difference is only you pointed me to update "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext". and i reset the bios, it couldn't work already.
the previous bios was working correctly but i couldn't exactly remember what was the configuration.

I tried starting over and installing on my SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO PRO 256GB, but the OSX installation gets stuck at 11% for a very long time. i left it for 24 hours to install yet it stays at 11% with no progress.

is my ssd not supported?

let me share with you my conclusion, the error messages in the screenshot that i have shown you is showing that the disk volume could not be verified.

i am thinking of installing OSX on the non-NVMe ssd and install disk warrior 5 and fix it, cause from my googling search, i see people saying disk warrior fix all disk issues.

what do you think of my conclusion, should i go with that first?

The difference is only you pointed me to update "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext". and i reset the bios, it couldn't work already.
the previous bios was working correctly but i couldn't exactly remember what was the configuration.

I tried starting over and installing on my SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO PRO 256GB, but the OSX installation gets stuck at 11% for a very long time. i left it for 24 hours to install yet it stays at 11% with no progress.

is my ssd not supported?

let me share with you my conclusion, the error messages in the screenshot that i have shown you is showing that the disk volume could not be verified.

i am thinking of installing OSX on the non-NVMe ssd and install disk warrior 5 and fix it, cause from my googling search, i see people saying disk warrior fix all disk issues.

what do you think of my conclusion, should i go with that first?

No such thing as Samsung 840 EVO PRO.
The Samsung 840 Pro is a SATA SSD.
The Samsung 840 EVO is also SATA.

This thread is for NVMe devices.

No such thing as Samsung 840 EVO PRO.
The Samsung 840 Pro is a SATA SSD.
The Samsung 840 EVO is also SATA.

This thread is for NVMe devices.

@RehabMan
my bad it is 840 Pro , okay i will search for the SSD link and ask there.

i haven't got your answer with regards to Disk Warrior 5, if it helps to fix the NVMe "verification" for the volume.

@RehabMan
my bad it is 840 Pro , okay i will search for the SSD link and ask there.

i haven't got your answer with regards to Disk Warrior 5, if it helps to fix the NVMe "verification" for the volume.

The Samsung 840 Pro is SATA.
SATA is off-topic here. This topic is for NVMe.

deleted post

Last edited:
hackrnvme for 10.12.6 ? is it out yet
The good news is that the kext for 10.12.5 works with 10.12.6 as I've updated my Gene build without a problem. The bad news is RehabMan hasn't been around for a couple of days; hopefully, he's having a good vacation.

Notice:

The patch-nvme github repo has been updated for 10.12.6, build 16G29.
The patches are the same as for 10.12.5... just the md5 sums different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back