Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success with Samsung 960 EVO 250 Gb

Thanks @RehabMan and many others involved

One quick observation is the variation in disk speed test results, strange that is has such a large range,
Current thoughts are because of low cost controller being an EVO drive

Update: It now appears I'm having issues with USB 3 - The adventures shall continue

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.51.52 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.51.52 pm.png
    828.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.51.45 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.51.45 pm.png
    845.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.51.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.51.24 pm.png
    832.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
UPDATE:

I managed to use diskpart and mount the hackintosh drive's EFI assigning to a letter as a drive.

i copied out the files and here is a screenshot of it, i opened it with mac's MaciASL.

i double checked it with the PATH on windows , its correct but it still can't boot.

@RehabMan

View attachment 267084
View attachment 267085
View attachment 267086
Error upon booting with above patch that reference with windows device path correctly.

error messages:-

View attachment 267087
View attachment 267088

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Hi @RehabMan , i updated the clover files , please check if its completed thank you.

i look forward to your diagnostic findings, sincerely appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hi @RehabMan here is your update

i have remount the EFI hidden parition from windows and extracted it via xcopy to another directory and removed "theme folder" attached below.

for your reference, below is also the screenshot of the ACPI path.

just for your reference,

i am using

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Formula
M.2 NVMe SSD 960 EVO 1TB
M.2 Plextor M8Pe 1TB PX-1TBM8PeG
GTX 1080 STRIX ROG 8GB OC
FENVI T919 wireless card

UPDATE:

I managed to use diskpart and mount the hackintosh drive's EFI assigning to a letter as a drive.

i copied out the files and here is a screenshot of it, i opened it with mac's MaciASL.

i double checked it with the PATH on windows , its correct but it still can't boot.

@RehabMan

*ACPI NAME"
View attachment 267084
View attachment 267085
View attachment 267086
Error upon booting with above patch that reference with windows device path correctly.

error messages:-

View attachment 267087
View attachment 267088

What version of macOS/OS X?
Which kexts do you have installed to the system volume?
If you can boot from a different (non-NVMe) device, so so, then attach ioreg.
Keep in mind Plextor NVMe may require an additional patch (see link from patch-nvme github README).

What version of macOS/OS X?
Keep in mind Plextor NVMe may require an additional patch (see link from patch-nvme github README).

What version of macOS/OS X? SIERRA 10.12.5
I don't know what kext i installed to the system volume, could you tell me where is the path to find the kext that is on the system volume? isn't it in the EFI zip files that i attached in the post above?

whatever kext i installed, work well and never had any issue with it, i would definitely know how to revert back and get it work if i did installed any kext that was causing problem, but this isn't due to the kext.

i am booting from Windows now. how am i able to attach an ioreg when i can't even boot osx? did you see the screenshots error?

My windows is on the Plextor NVMe, i do not need the plextor to be detected in the Mac OSX, previously you helped me it work well with the current attached EFI above.

what work previously is, it shouldn't detect Plextor NVMe but other normal external hard disk drives which you guided me to work previously.

I am running Hackintosh 10.12.5 on 960 Evo up and well till i dismantle my pc and do dust cleaning and fix it all back and it stop working after running 1 time and shut down .

@RehabMan

What version of macOS/OS X? SIERRA 10.12.5

Then why are you using HackrNVMeFamily from 10.11?

I don't know what kext i installed to the system volume, could you tell me where is the path to find the kext that is on the system volume? isn't it in the EFI zip files that i attached in the post above?

If you don't know the kexts you installed, you should start over with a fresh install.
It is a basic question you should know the answer to.

i am booting from Windows now. how am i able to attach an ioreg when i can't even boot osx? did you see the screenshots error?

Install macOS to an external USB HDD.
Then work on your NVMe problem from that working install.

My windows is on the Plextor NVMe, i do not need the plextor to be detected in the Mac OSX,

Then which NVMe device are you trying to boot macOS from?
You should remove any devices not critical for macOS (temporarily).

If you don't know the kexts you installed, you should start over with a fresh install.

Hi @RehabMan

OMG, i see "HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6_sec2017-001.kext"

it should be 10.12.5, wierd i thought i did patch it previously when you came out the update for 10.12.5.

is it possible to create a patch for it on my macbook pro, COPY and PASTE this kext from windows into the hackintosh drive and replace it in the folder of Kexts/Other?

kext is inside the `EFI < CLOVER < kexts`

i tried installing it to a spare samsung 850 evo pro ssd 256gb, installation stuck at 11% , i wanted to see if i can get it up at least on a spare hard disk and use diskwarrior 5 to repair it.

i am trying to boot from SAMSUNG 960 EVO 1TB macOS.

so wouldn't it change the path if i remove any other hard disk that is not related to the macOS that i am booting?

i am trying to boot from SAMSUNG 960 EVO 1TB macOS.

How did you install to that device in the first place if your NVMe setup is in question?

so wouldn't it change the path if i remove any other hard disk that is not related to the macOS that i am booting?

The ACPI path can change with any hardware change, or BIOS change, or BIOS option change.

How did you install to that device in the first place if your NVMe setup is in question?
Using a USB with clover to boot from.

The ACPI path can change with any hardware change, or BIOS change, or BIOS option change.
So what should I do now? I'm going to try creating the 10.12.5 nvme patch first to see if it works. Do you think that's the cause that stops it from booting up?

Hi @RehabMan

i tried creating the kext "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext" from my macbook pro 10.12.5 and copied the kext to my hackintosh S/L/E but still unable to boot up correctly.

and even pasted to EFI -> clover -> kext folder from windows i mount the hidden 200MB and pasted it in.

any idea what the error message is pointing to?
1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back