Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restore to backup from prior to update.
Then do update correctly as per post #1.
The desktop is back online. I don't know for sure what I did that was wrong. Out of curiosity, is GenericUSBXHCI.kext necessary for boot? I don't understand why it wouldn't let me boot, I had it in Clover/Kexts/10.12 all the time..

The desktop is back online. I don't know for sure what I did that was wrong. Out of curiosity, is GenericUSBXHCI.kext necessary for boot? I don't understand why it wouldn't let me boot, I had it in Clover/Kexts/10.12 all the time..

None of the hardware in your profile/signature benefits from GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
USB is off-topic here anyway.

None of the hardware in your profile/signature benefits from GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
USB is off-topic here anyway.
Yes, I am sorry. But this question should fit topic. If all I do is delete a kext from L/E, should I still rebuild kernel cache after?

Edit: You are right. I deleted the USB.kext and rebuilt cache. PC is booting. It was the HackrNVMeKext that was at fault after all.

Last edited:
Yes, I am sorry. But this question should fit topic. If all I do is delete a kext from L/E, should I still rebuild kernel cache after?

With recent versions of macOS/OS X, should you delete a kext that resides directly in /S/L/E or /L/E, kernel cache is automatically rebuilt. But it is advised you rebuild manually so as to observe and fix any errors.

The good news is that the kext for 10.12.5 works with 10.12.6 as I've updated my Gene build without a problem. The bad news is RehabMan hasn't been around for a couple of days; hopefully, he's having a good vacation.
i tried the new kext i am unable to boot with the new patched kext ..i am back to 10.12.4 hckrnvmefamily

i tried the new kext i am unable to boot with the new patched kext ..i am back to 10.12.4 hckrnvmefamily

It means you didn't generate the kext properly or failed to install it correctly.

It means you didn't generate the kext properly or failed to install it correctly.
there was a md5 error while genrating it . does that mean it wasnt genrated properly ? while genrating does ionvmekext need to be in the SLE?

Note: If you already have a statically patched DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched, you should not use the _DSM->XDSM patch. Instead, make sure you removed the _DSM at the path (or renamed to XDSM) in your patched DSDT (or patched SSDTs) at ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml. Typically, this would be done by applying "Remove _DSM methods", or "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" as per my laptop ACPI patching guide.
Thanks,Rehabman. My NVMe SSD is Samsung SM961. ACPI path is /SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX. But OEM already defined a _DSM method. I only Changed PXSX._DSM as PXSX.XDSM. Others same your way. Then NVMe SSD is internal disk.

@RehabMan, for a fresh installation of 10.12.6 Sierra on 960 evo nvme, I followed the guide, and yet I still can't see the drive inside the installer. here's what i've done:
  • determine the path & generate the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml, placed in /ACPI/Patched
  • Placed NVMe_patches_10_12_6.plist from your patch-nvme GitHub site in KextsToPatch
  • Placed IONVMeFamily.kext (taken from my other hack running 10.12.6) inside the kexts/Other
  • added change _DSM to XDSM in clover DSDT patch
Since the guide on the GitHub says to place HackrNVMeFamily.kext post-install, I didn't include it in the USB installer.
I have my CLOVER file attached below. Thanks

Attachments

• didii-CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back