Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Hello Guys,

I installed Mac OS Mojave in a Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF, I was able to make 2 of my 3 monitors work, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or my graphics card is not able to handle 3 monitors on Mac OS.

My board has an Intel HD530 graphic card with 2 Display ports and 1 HDMI, The ports that are working are the HDMI and 1of the 2 Displayports,

This is my first Hackintosh build, I'm lacking experience on this.

Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF
Motherboard: Dell HD5W2
CPU: i5-6500 Skylake
Graphics Card: Intel HD530

View attachment 413221

Index 1 -- > busID 0x05 Corresponds to my HDMI port
Index 2 -- > busID 0x04 corresponds to 1 of the Displayports

View attachment 413222
Hi,
Can you share your EFI please? I have the same Desktop and pulling my hair for days now.
Thanks!

Hi guys, I've been running my Z390 over High Sierra since there is no support for Nvidia on Catalina, but now I'm trying to figure out the UHD630 framebuffer for this MOBO, which has only one HDMI video connector.

I'm using Hackintool V3.4, there are some differences from the old version this guide was made. Altough, I'm stucked on the Preparation part, step 3/4, as I can't see any red line indicating a (second) monitor connected to the IGPU HDMI port. (Working monitor connected to the nVidia card).

Followed the guide until here, my UHD630 shows up on the Hackintool Info window (pic attached), but can't find anything (in red) on the Connectors window, whatever the chosen framework.

Running over High Sierra / Clover using HDMI Cable+DVI Adapter.

Hey Casey, I already asked your help with that MOBO but never succeeded. Last time you told me it's similar to the Z390 Elite but got no luck on that framework.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1593042258569.png
    1593042258569.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 120
Hi guys, I've been running my Z390 over High Sierra since there is no support for Nvidia on Catalina, but now I'm trying to figure out the UHD630 framebuffer for this MOBO, which has only one HDMI video connector.

I'm using Hackintool V3.4, there are some differences from the old version this guide was made. Altough, I'm stucked on the Preparation part, step 3/4, as I can't see any red line indicating a (second) monitor connected to the IGPU HDMI port. (Working monitor connected to the nVidia card).

Followed the guide until here, my UHD630 shows up on the Hackintool Info window (pic attached), but can't find anything (in red) on the Connectors window, whatever the chosen framework.

Running over High Sierra / Clover using HDMI Cable+DVI Adapter.

Hey Casey, I already asked your help with that MOBO but never succeeded. Last time you told me it's similar to the Z390 Elite but got no luck on that framework.

Thanks!
I'm not sure if High Sierra understands platform ID 0x3E9B0007. I think AMD GPUs are so plentiful and so inexpensive nowadays that it's really a good idea to "get with the times". :) Big Sur looks very nice. Are you sure you want to be stuck in the distant past?

I'm not sure if High Sierra understands platform ID 0x3E9B0007.
I can run it on my new Catalina drive.
I think AMD GPUs are so plentiful and so inexpensive nowadays that it's really a good idea to "get with the times". :) Big Sur looks very nice.
I agree, no problem to buy a new AMD card, but pull over my GeForce 970 that I still use for games in Windows.
Are you sure you want to be stuck in the distant past?
hahaha are you kidding? Framebuffer patching is old-fashioned?

hahaha are you kidding? Framebuffer patching is old-fashioned?
It definitely is quite a lot of effort. I've spent days and still have not made any progress. I'm gonna get an AMD too but just not right now.

Also I think @CaseySJ was talking about upgrading to a more recent OS rather than framebuffer patching

I need some help regarding the framebuffer patching.

My mobo has a DP, HDMI and DVI port.

And I have 2 monitors
LG -> HDMI + VGA
DELL ->DVI + VGA

I don't have a Display Port to check directly, but it works fine with HDMI -> DP Adapter
HDMI Port works fine
DVI doesn't work at all

Port 5, Index 1 is DP
Port 6, Index 2 is HDMI
Port 7, Index 3 must be DVI

Here's what I've tried so far for framebuffer-con2

Bus ID
Connector Type
Result
0x1​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0x2​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0X4​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0X6​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0X1​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x2​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x3​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x4​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x5​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x6​
HDMI​
Not Working​

I did notice that sometimes when connector type was HDMI, IORegistryExplorer would should Framebuffers as populated. It also recognise the device ID, yet there was no output on the device and it would enter Power save mode.
Hackintool would not recognize the connection.

I would appreciate some help

I'm not sure if High Sierra understands platform ID 0x3E9B0007. I think AMD GPUs are so plentiful and so inexpensive nowadays that it's really a good idea to "get with the times". :) Big Sur looks very nice. Are you sure you want to be stuck in the distant past?
Ah yes, now I understand... Big Sur is coming. A good reason to wait a little more and look for compatible graphics cards.
Tried to find my connected HDMI in hackintool inside Catalina but no way.

I need some help regarding the framebuffer patching.

My mobo has a DP, HDMI and DVI port.

And I have 2 monitors
LG -> HDMI + VGA
DELL ->DVI + VGA

I don't have a Display Port to check directly, but it works fine with HDMI -> DP Adapter
HDMI Port works fine
DVI doesn't work at all

Port 5, Index 1 is DP
Port 6, Index 2 is HDMI
Port 7, Index 3 must be DVI

Here's what I've tried so far for framebuffer-con2

Bus ID
Connector Type
Result
0x1​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0x2​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0X4​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0X6​
Digital DVI​
Not Working​
0X1​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x2​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x3​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x4​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x5​
HDMI​
Not Working​
0x6​
HDMI​
Not Working​

I did notice that sometimes when connector type was HDMI, IORegistryExplorer would should Framebuffers as populated. It also recognise the device ID, yet there was no output on the device and it would enter Power save mode.
Hackintool would not recognize the connection.

I would appreciate some help
Thank you for summarizing the various permutations that were tested. Wish everyone would start off by listing the same table. You've already tried every reasonable combination.

Let me see if I understand the connection situation:
  • DP port works (because DP-to-HDMI adapter connects to HDMI port on your LG monitor)
  • HDMI port works
  • DVI port does not work
If you are connecting HDMI on motherboard to HDMI on LG monitor, have you considered using DP on motherboard to connect to DVI on the other monitor? You would just need a DP-to-DVI video cable such as this US$10 cable on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GPMRXL0/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Reactions: Ryu
Back