Register

GUIDE: GA-H55M-S2V Ethernet and Sound ALC888b Working! F2&F3

It works for you?

• Yes, w/ Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
En unas horas cuando vuelva a casa lo pruebo a ver si sale andando ;)

Gracias man!

Just wanted to say that I used your method along with the xMove Lion install and all is working great, sound included.

Thanks!!!

slimdizzy said:
Just wanted to say that I used your method along with the xMove Lion install and all is working great, sound included.

Thanks!!!

Thanks to you for sharing Lion results! :thumbup:

Thanks for the nice info guys. I got LION also up and running, except for sound on ALC 887. It's just not showing in system pref. In the system information window I can see that the kext is loaded and that it is recognizing it as ALC887, but not showing up in the sound pref. panel. I tried roll back etc. no succes. Any other ideas?
Thanks for your respond.
grooves
ivokik

This fixes broken sound after updating to Lion 10.7.2 (which I did without the standalone installer, even!).

Hi everybody!
I got the Sound Card working under 10.7.2 :)
You just have to follow the same GUIDE for Snow leopard but you have to use Kext Utility 2.5.0 which is compatible for Lion.
You find ithere

Have a nice Hackintosh ;)

Hey all,

I just did a fresh Lion install with Unibeast. Here's what I did to get the sound working. I haven't tested anything but rear line out but that is better than what I had, and it's really all I need.

1. Use Multibeast to install the most recent VoodooHDA (as of this writing VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3). You can find that under Drivers & Bootloaders>Kexts & Enablers>Audio>Universal>VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3

2. Rerun Multibeast to repair permissions - System Utilities>Repair Permissions.

3. Restart

Now I had sound but there was a really annoying and loud hiss. Here's how I got rid of it, courtesy of tonymac user pbarbosa on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18309 (I clarified his instructions a bit)

4. On your Mac, go to to /system/library/extensions --> VoodooHDA

5. Right click and Show Content

6. Open "content" folder

7. Drag the "info.plist" file you find in there to the desktop

8. Open it with a text editor (I had to unlock the file) and then search and change the iGain and iMix values to 10 and 30

You want to make it look like this (all you need to do is change the numbers)
<dict>
<key>iGain</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>iMix</key>
<string>30</string>
</dict>

9. Copy your edited info.plist file back into the folder you got it from, and overwrite the old file.

10. Run Kext Utility or repair permissions.

11. Reboot.

The hiss was gone for me. Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back