Register

GUIDE: GA-H55M-S2V Ethernet and Sound ALC888b Working! F2&F3

It works for you?

• Yes, w/ Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having serious issues with this. I cant seem to get the audio working regardless of what I do. I had it working for a short time but it was with a voodoo kext that I shouldn't of installed and it was causing a kernel panic and crashing the system. someone helped me remove the kext that I shouldn't of had in here but I haven't been able to get audio back regardless of what I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I hate not having this thing fully functional.

[edit]This did work for me eventually but I had to do it with a clean install, I couldnt get it to work any other way though...

This is my third Hack build and I have had more issues with this build than any other. No working sound. Followed all these instructions, yet nothing.
I have a h55-s2V F3 (have the dsdt on desktop), i3 550, 4 GB RAM, GT220 (GT 210 doesn't like this board)

I used this guide and got it working as well with very little trouble. My hardware is

1 TB Western Digital SATA drive (300 GB HPFS partition for the Hackintosh)
GA-H55M-S2V (obviously)
Intel Core i3-540
CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ heat sink (so I can do some overclocking later)
8 GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3-1333 RAM
An HP SATA DVD+/-R drive from my old HP desktop
Corsair CX430 power supply
NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB PCI-e card

So it should work with all this stuff, for those looking to build! I am glad this board works because it is an inexpensive board that still has good features, and I can go to Core i7 later if I want (although apparently the low-clocked Core i3s are quite good at overclocking and you can get to 4.2 GHz pretty readily).

Thanks for the guide!

Confirmed Installation:

Core i3-550 CPU
4GB DDR3 1333mhz RAM (2 x 2gb)
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V F3 BIOS (using F3 dml file)
LG DVD-Burner
EVGA 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E Video Card (Part # 01G-P3-1312-LR)
----I am using HDMI connection, working
LAN & Sound Working

Thank you guys!

10.6.7 woes.

I finally got sound working under 10.6.6. I was attempting about 20 methods per day for a couple days in a row; with everything running together, I neglected to write down my final, working sequence. Now, with having seen a post of Baruy having complete success upgrading to 10.6.7 without needing to update his audio, I gave it a go. No such luck for me. Now I'm pulling my hair out again without the advantage of recalling what I did right last time. And yes, I've gone through Pulpo's (well documented) instructions again multiple times.

Any suggestions?

edm00se said:
Did you do this under 10.6.6? I have been unable to make it work and am confounded as to why. Followed your instructions to the letter.

And yes, I am using a GA-H55M-S2V with F3.

I eventually got it to work. In case anyone was where I was at when I wrote that post, namely trying everything you can as furiously as possible, I recommend stopping, breathing, and removing all the audio .kext's from your /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions directories.

After some fun with an attempted 10.6.7 upgrade, you can see my ordeal here, I don't currently recommend the upgrade with the H55M-S2V. If you mistakenly do, see my post on how to restore functional audio. It's essentially a downgrade back to 10.6.6 without an install process.

Bottom line: I can reconfirm Pulpo's guide on setting up audio as working through MultiBeast 3.4.0 under 10.6.6.

I have sound working on mine. Has any one got Sleep to worK on it's own,that is, without pressing sleep manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back