Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Full Power Management w/ Dual/Single Broadwell-EP/Haswell-EP CPUs on 10.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, I am so sorry guys.

So, I, uh, completely forgot that I had patched the BIOS image from Supermicro for my motherboard and flashed my own modified BIOS to my X10DAi mobo. It was largely cosmetic (replaced the Supermicro logo with the Apple boot image, restored some stuff that had been removed from the EFI shell, etc.)....but more importantly, I patched the bios so that it leaves MSR 0xE2 unlocked. Motherboards often lock this register, and that prevents macOS from booting. So my guide works as long as your motherboard has MSR 0xE2 unlocked. If it is locked, you must make sure to check the 'KernelPm' box in the Kernel and Kexts section of Clover Configurator.

It just totally slipped my mind. There wasn't exactly some visual indication to remind me about the unlocked MSR registor. I just forgot. Whoops :(. I am very sorry to anyone who finds that this omission caused them headache and wasted their time. It was an honest oversight.

Sorry!

I have Intel-SpeedStep disabled in the BIOS and the turbo frequency in my ssdt.aml is set to 4000. Nevertheless, I witness the problem described above.
Have you tried turning off SYNC ALL Cores for clock speed, I vaguely remember that fixing the problem. Otherwise, it's past me.

So, I, uh, completely forgot that I had patched the BIOS image from Supermicro for my motherboard and flashed my own modified BIOS to my X10DAi mobo. It was largely cosmetic (replaced the Supermicro logo with the Apple boot image, restored some stuff that had been removed from the EFI shell, etc.)....but more importantly, I patched the bios so that it leaves MSR 0xE2 unlocked. Motherboards often lock this register, and that prevents macOS from booting. So my guide works as long as your motherboard has MSR 0xE2 unlocked. If it is locked, you must make sure to check the 'KernelPm' box in the Kernel and Kexts section of Clover Configurator.

It just totally slipped my mind. There wasn't exactly some visual indication to remind me about the unlocked MSR registor. I just forgot. Whoops :(. I am very sorry to anyone who finds that this omission caused them headache and wasted their time. It was an honest oversight.

Sorry!

Hi metacollin, could you please have a quick look to my preliminary power management guide for my build towards the end of the originating post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-gtx-980-ti.211621/ and tell me what I am doing wrong? The mobo Bios has MSR 0xE2 locked and the "KernelPm" box did not change anything. I already know how to unlock the bios but I am not able to start the Asus BIOS Flashback. No idea why.

sorry mistake

Last edited:
it looks that we have the same rig
funny the difference on single and multi

I guess it is cause I block the max at 2,8GHz per threads
so high multi but not so good in single cause no turbo boost (or limited at 2,8)

here my result
Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 04.42.17.png

yours

Capture d’écran 2017-04-04 à 21.16.17.png

Last edited:
Wow, great score. Nvidia announces Driver for OS X and Pascal... so this month some Highscores will be beaten.^^

Wow, great score. Nvidia announces Driver for OS X and Pascal... so this month some Highscores will be beaten.^^

hummm
let' see
do you have a link for that?

if it is reliable as i wanted to had another titan X maxwell
and as i have buyer for my titan x maxwell

making a dual titan x pascal can me cool
but again i prefer to wait to see if it is reliable
cause my titan x are ok but never enough power :p

beta, :(
let see
but if i change i just calculate,
watercooling + cards etc etc.... :(

i need to see if it is interesting
20 hours of calculation fo photogrammetry with 2 titan X-M and xeon 2699v4
i am pretty tired,

so if the Pascal had the same results on hack than w$ why not
cause the differences are impressive on w$ :p

let' see

btw thx for the infos so many of the community were waiting for this news lol

Sorry!
I have the exact motherboard model so I would appreciate it if you could share with me your patched BIOS image for the X10DAi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back