Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, nobody has solution of "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87" problem? Maybe someone have correct DSDT for ProBook 4730s?
PS: I'm absolutely sure what I select correct options in ProBook installer.

MaximVol said:
So, nobody has solution of "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87" problem? Maybe someone have correct DSDT for ProBook 4730s?
Use Windows or Ubuntu Live CD to extract clean dsdt.dsl and post it here.

MaximVol said:
MaximVol: I have no knowledge of that. Wish I could help.

Snow Leopard is installed. One final source of woe. Whenever i try to connect to my router I get the much dreaded "Airport has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet."

Any ideas? I've reset my router. I've tried assigning a manual IP address. No dice.

BigDonkey said:
MaximVol said:
Use Windows or Ubuntu Live CD to extract clean dsdt.dsl and post it here.

Thanks a lot for help. I ran DSDTEditor application under Windows, selected "Extract DSDT" menu item, next selected "Save DSL" and saved file. This file is attached. Is that enough?

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    74 KB · Views: 118
MaximVol said:
Thanks a lot for help. I ran DSDTEditor application under Windows, selected "Extract DSDT" menu item, next selected "Save DSL" and saved file. This file is attached. Is that enough?
Let's hope so.
dsdt.aml.zip

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    47.9 KB · Views: 95
BigDonkey said:
MaximVol said:
Let's hope so.

I tried to use this DSDT and now booting stops after this: "[ PCI configuration begin ]". I found advice to try to boot with "npci=0x2000" flag, but it does not help.

I just replaced DSDT.aml file in "Extra" folder to your file after installation of ComboUpdate and HPProbookInstaller. Maybe any other actions are necessary for installation of new DSDT?

dsiglin said:
Snow Leopard is installed. One final source of woe. Whenever i try to connect to my router I get the much dreaded "Airport has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet."

Any ideas? I've reset my router. I've tried assigning a manual IP address. No dice.

I have come across this myself, basically you're having issues using the 11n connection type.
BigDonkey did give me an explaination of how to solve this another way but I can't remember it, I think it was to go into the IO80811 kext and delete the ath40 file or something???... Bigdonkey would have to confirm this though...
SEE HERE!! viewtopic.php?p=304915#p304915

What I did was I connected the cable between my router and laptop, connected to router via firefox (by putting 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, NOTE your address may be different, but should be in the manual or found by googling your router type) I went into wireless and ssid settings (where you can choose the channel number and WIRELESS MODE) and I switched the wireless mode from 11b+11g+11n to 11b+11g rebooted router and it was solved.

All right guys, making progress with this darn thing finally. (getting close, so very close, I can sense it... :lol: )

Here's what I did. (I have the 4530s with the i3 and 2GB of RAM updated to F20 BIOS)

IBoot to install SL 10.6.3
reboot with IBoot
ran UpdateHelper
reboot with IBoot again
ran comboupdate
ran HP Installer without rebooting
ran multibeast and install NullCPUPowerManagement rebooting after (as the default one would cause a KP on every boot even in safe mode)

Basically I can now boot with the DSDT=no flag, but a regular boot just seems to stop at "MAC Framework successfully initialized."

For some reason it's not liking my DSDT?

EDIT: Dumped my DSDT with the Editor.

Appreciate all the help so far.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    83.5 KB · Views: 110
speedy11131 said:
Basically I can now boot with the DSDT=no flag, but a regular boot just seems to stop at "MAC Framework successfully initialized."

For some reason it's not liking my DSDT?

EDIT: Dumped my DSDT with the Editor.

Appreciate all the help so far.
give it a shot

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    47.9 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back