Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!!

BigDonkey said:
tastee said:
I thought it might be trying to run probook installer from one partition into another. So I wiped the drive and started new.
After "5. After it finishes, reboot, and boot from your hard drive with everything working!" I reboot and get :
boot 0: GPT
boot 0: Test
boot 0: Error

Has anyone encountered this before?

4K drive trouble
viewtopic.php?p=238187#p238187

That was the culprit. Worked great. Thanks to all for the help.

tastee said:
Thanks!!

BigDonkey said:
tastee said:
I thought it might be trying to run probook installer from one partition into another. So I wiped the drive and started new.
After "5. After it finishes, reboot, and boot from your hard drive with everything working!" I reboot and get :
boot 0: Error

Has anyone encountered this before?

4K drive trouble
viewtopic.php?p=238187#p238187

So everything is working fine now Tastee?

I had to create another installation to make a formatted USB ( to use terminal ). THAT worked perfect. Then I tried to format the other partition for Windows. That killed it all. SO apparently dual boot from 1 drive is not gonna be fun. I re partitioned as 1 huge SL partition and started over and using the terminal command have SL as far as it will go. ( looks like I can turn the DVD drive into a 2nd harddrive. That might be a easier way to do dual boot.

HUGE thanks to everyone here for helping. I hope I will be able to assist someone in the future.

- Russell
Dewitts said:

tastee said:
I had to create another installation to make a formatted USB ( to use terminal ). THAT worked perfect. Then I tried to format the other partition for Windows. That killed it all. SO apparently dual boot from 1 drive is not gonna be fun. I re partitioned as 1 huge SL partition and started over and using the terminal command have SL as far as it will go. ( looks like I can turn the DVD drive into a 2nd harddrive. That might be a easier way to do dual boot.

HUGE thanks to everyone here for helping. I hope I will be able to assist someone in the future.

- Russell
Dewitts said:

That's what I did, I found that I was using mac 95% of the time then when I wanted to use windows that somehow it had become corrupt and unrepairable, just so much easier with a 2nd drive.
Use the link to products posted by Nikstar on the 2nd hdd caddy question post. I bought that caddy and recommended it.

Help please! I have a laptop:
Model: HP ProBook 4530s
Screen: 15.6'' HD
CPU: Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.5/3.1GHz
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 640GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon 6490M 1GB
I'm using iBoot+Multibeast method.
When I boot Snow Leopard with iBoot it says "Unsupported card!". I've tried to boot with iBoot-Legacy but, it's crashes after 12 seconds :| (when I press f5 & hit enter): Laptop powers off, and at startup (after crash) appears HP's boot diagnostic screen.
When I tried to boot with iBoot CD (main) in verbose mode and installed system, computer got sound problems and no first startup video appears (is it OK?). It has screen resolution problem too. After that, I'm opening Multibeast and the combo update, applying update and system crashes, it says something like this: "system update in nanoseconds ...". After 3 installations it was the same result. :(
After crashes, I was trying to boot with -x (safe mode) but not working.
Please help me! Sorry for my bad English.

Giogziro95: go into your bios and set video to the Intel HD3000. Disable the amd card. I thought that card was only in the i7 model.

I used the guide and the results were GREAT!! The only thing I would suggest is to include in the guide "First, update BIOS" - did not work for me until I did that.

My one problem is that time machine does not work with my Windows Home Server. According to HP (who made the WHS box) I need to boot into 32 version of snow leopard. I looked at the apple support document at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3773 but neither of the two methods shown there work - holding down the 3 and 2 keys does not work, whether on main keypad, numeric pad or external keyboard, and "sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386" does not recognize my root password (which I created using the snow leopard install disk). The machine boots into 64 bit (as shown by About this Mac, More Info, Software) whatever I do, which is great for what I usually want to do but doesn't work for the backup to WHS.

Has anybody managed to get the 4530s to boot into 32 bit snow leopard?

Thanks for any advice

kind regards
John

I have laptop HP ProBook 4730s (A1E72EA) with Core i5 2430m processor. I tried to install MaxOSX by guide from first post of this topic, but it was unsuccessfully. I can install and launch clean system from Snow Leopard install DVD, but after installation of MacOSXCombo10.6.8 and HP Probook Installer I receive "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87". I read all messages from this topic and cannot find working solution of this problem.

If I try to boot with "DSDT=no" I receive empty screen after boot log and nothing happens after this. I even upgraded BIOS to F.20 version, but this does not help too.

What I can do with this error? Maybe my DSDT file is wrong? I attached it to this message. Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    141.2 KB · Views: 100
tastee said:
Giogziro95: go into your bios and set video to the Intel HD3000. Disable the amd card. I thought that card was only in the i7 model.
Thanks for the reply.
I turned off "Switchable Graphics" from the "Device Configuration" options. Is that all? And what about the kernel panic?
giogziro95 said:
I'm opening Multibeast and the combo update, applying update and system crashes, it says something like this: "system update in nanoseconds ...".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back