Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worked for me was to restore the bios ( f.09 ) and then it worked.

briginsh said:
I used the guide and the results were GREAT!! The only thing I would suggest is to include in the guide "First, update BIOS" - did not work for me until I did that.

My one problem is that time machine does not work with my Windows Home Server.

I can access my HP server, but like you time machine does not work with it. Now I know why. I am just going to get a external hard drive for backup.

Duplicate.. sorry

Giogziro95: I sent a reply but it was from my kindle. I guess it didn't make it. I think switching off the AMD graphics should solve your kernel panic. Also you don't need the multibeast. The file HPProbook Installer and the Update helper (viewtopic.php?f=259&t=41547) have everything you need. Good luck and let us know if it is working.

giogziro95 said:
Thanks for replay.
I turned off "Switchable Graphics" from the "Device Configuration" options. Is that all? And what about kernel panic?
giogziro95 said:
I'm opening Multibeast and the combo update, applying update and system crashes, it says something like this: "system update in nanoseconds ...".

Having a problem with installing Snow Leopard. I got to the point where you install the Comboupdate, installed that and then restarted my laptop. Now OSX acts like all is good except that after seeing the grey apple logo with the turning wheel I get a totally gray screen and it stays that way indefinitely. Any idea what I did wrong?

dsiglin said:
Having a problem with installing Snow Leopard. I got to the point where you install the Comboupdate, installed that and then restarted my laptop. Now OSX acts like all is good except that after seeing the grey apple logo with the turning wheel I get a totally gray screen and it stays that way indefinitely. Any idea what I did wrong?
I encountered exactly the same problem. I believe when I ran theprobook installer that I must have checked one of the wrong boxes. Make sure you have the correct bios box checked. I don't think you canrepair it from this point (at least I couldn't) I wiped the drive and started over and eventually was successful. I hope that helped. I wasted alot of time trying to fix the grey screen, it was much easier to start fresh again. Good luck.

dsiglin said:
Son of a gun. Well thanks for confirming my worst fears. ;) Sorry it happened to you as well.

Most likely it was just me missing one of the boxes on the installer, and then wasting a week trying to fix what was there. Once I just started completely over it went well. Good luck!

One more question, hopefully.

I followed the instructions (thanks for them) and all seemed to go well until I restarted the final time and now after getting the shiny apple logo I get the "you need to restart your computer..." screen. Any idea what would be causing that? I ran update helper, restarted, booted in with iBoot in. Installed MacOSXCombo10.6.8. Didn't restart and immediately installed HP Probook Installer, and selected:
-Chimera
-4430 with intel
-i5

dsiglin said:
One more question, hopefully.

I followed the instructions (thanks for them) and all seemed to go well until I restarted the final time and now after getting the shiny apple logo I get the "you need to restart your computer..." screen. Any idea what would be causing that? I ran update helper, restarted, booted in with iBoot in. Installed MacOSXCombo10.6.8. Didn't restart and immediately installed HP Probook Installer, and selected:
-Chimera
-4430 with intel
-i5
The 4430 opens and you need to choose the one matching your bios. Did you see that part? (I mised it first time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back