Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
Boot with DSDT=no and then extract a DSDT and send it to me.
First I Unmarked = Switchable Graphics in BIOS
then I tried booting with DSDT=No and it gives me grey screen (it's a bit darker than screen of apple logo ) :( , what can I do I thought about doing a fresh install without upgrading to 10.6.8 so I can see the desktop and create DSDT ? , What app should I use to create DSDT please attach it ! Thanks in advance

Dash R1H said:
blueking said:
then I tried booting with DSDT=No and it gives me grey screen (it's a bit darker than screen of apple logo ) :( , what can I do I thought about doing a fresh install without upgrading to 10.6.8 so I can see the desktop and create DSDT ? , What app should I use to create DSDT please attach it ! Thanks in advance
Any DSDT editor that has "extract dsdt" function should work.

I don't know if everyone experiences the problem or if it's just me and the guy above but I can't boot into 10.6.8 using iBoot either never have been able to.
My recommendation would be to try and use the sl install disk to go to disk utility, click + in the partition section and install a fresh copy of osx into the 2nd partition, when you've done that go into the new install and run the necessary instructions under the boot0 error post then you'll be able to access your 10.6.8 install and if you wish to you can then choose to clone your 10.6.8 to the 2nd partition (as a backup) or go onto disk utility and remove the 2nd partition you created.

BigDonkey said:
Dash R1H said:
blueking said:
Any DSDT editor that has "extract dsdt" function should work.

Really thanks BigDonkey for your interest I appreciate this thanks again , So what I am going to do is the following
- - Fresh Installation of Snow Leopard without upgrading to 10.6.8 because this what makes the problem , then using this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=223205 DSDT editor to extract the DSDT hope blueking or anyone support me :( .

Dewitts said:
I don't know if everyone experiences the problem or if it's just me and the guy above but I can't boot into 10.6.8 using iBoot either never have been able to.
My recommendation would be to try and use the sl install disk to go to disk utility, click + in the partition section and install a fresh copy of osx into the 2nd partition, when you've done that go into the new install and run the necessary instructions under the boot0 error post then you'll be able to access your 10.6.8 install and if you wish to you can then choose to clone your 10.6.8 to the 2nd partition (as a backup) or go onto disk utility and remove the 2nd partition you created.
I just saw your reply , thank you for supporting , would you please tell me in detail what happened to your machine , and how you fix that ??! Another question Is that occur in lion too ?

Dash R1H said:
Dewitts said:
I just saw your reply , thank you for supporting , would you please tell me in detail what happened to your machine , and how you fix that ??! Another question Is that occur in lion too ?

I had the same issue as you, I had a 4k drive and got the boot0 error and could not use iBoot.
I installed lion to another partition as that was my plan anyway and I followed the instructions on the boot0 error thread.
After the boot0 error was solved I was then able to boot 10.6.8 from chimera.

blueking said:
Here is what I did I Installed fresh Snow Leopard only for the purpose of extracting the DSDT , then I downloaded DSDT Editor , and extracted the attached DSDT , hopefully you could help me , Hatem .

Attachments

• hatemdsdt.zip
    82 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back