Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wifi button also increase the brightness but you must use fn+f2 and f3 to control the brightness.
Read the FAQ to solve black screen issue at battery boot up.
Try not using the wifi button for the brightness. Start up the laptop and if is not working press once the wifi button and give it 5-10 seconds before you try.

Also what version of SL you have?

I am running 10.6.8

Lewis

lewprint said:
Tried that, It seems that button only works as a wake up button. Some times when I startup or Restart the screen comes up black. If I touch the wifi button the screen comes on. I wonder if that is related to my problem?

Lewis

That usually happens when you boot on battery, it does also change the wifi to on/off

That was great fixed the black screen problem, followed the FAQ solution fn-f3 key in bios :cool: . Still no Airport using the Nano USB Adapter but everything else working great, very fast.

Thanks for the help.

Lewis

Is it possible to run osx86 on a laptop with 3GB RAM?

This is truly a dream come true. I have Snow Leopard on a D620 and it's getting a bit long in the tooth, but I need SL support on whatever I upgrade to because I'm still using Pro Tools 8 LE for my mobile recording studio, but I'd have to upgrade to 10 for official Lion support (I can't find the 9 crossgrade anywhere online anymore). I didn't want to drop $500-600 on a laptop and ANOTHER $500 on software. I can drop $500 on the laptop and KEEP my software.

Quick Question: How can I boot my Probook 4730s without plugging in it into Power? Because I can't seem to boot my laptop with connecting it to power? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back