Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, I use legacy. I had both but only legacy worked on my old laptop so just used it on this one and threw the other lol.

Shame really, would be nice to get HDMI working if it's possible.

After update the screen is not staying backlit. any ideas what causes this and how to change it?

never mind...got it

I've been trying different ways to install Snow Leopard on 4530s and your method was the easiest, fastest and the most practicable way to me, so thank you.

Right now everything is working surprisingly great! Only one strange issue I have:
When I reboot or just turn on the notebook, over the course of loading (Apple icon on center) a warning appears notifying "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again." and it freezes there.
I get this solved by resetting the BIOS to default, but I have to reset it every time I turn on the notebook. However when I reboot sometimes it works fine without showing that warning, but it always appears when it's turned off and I turn on the notebook.

I've upgraded to the latest BIOS version from F.09 to F.20, re-installed the OS again and nothing has been changed.

Any clue why is this happening?

At startup, when you see the chimera screen, hit the down arrow a few times, and scroll to verbose mode, then press enter. Take a picture of where it stops.

blueking said:
At startup, when you see the chimera screen, hit the down arrow a few times, and scroll to verbose mode, then press enter. Take a picture of where it stops.
Just did it, attached is the picture. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• Photo0191.jpg
    Photo0191.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 142
blueking said:
Have you run the installer?

And have you disabled the extra gfx card?

Yes I have run the installer as in your instructions.

No, how can I disable the extra gfx card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back