Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, adding version 3.0.1 to the other thread:

Version 3.0.1 (December 9th, 2011):
Changed how DSDT is handled, so it now backs up your DSDT and restores it, unless you are installing a new one.

@blueking, is there any chance of getting HDMI video/audio and VGA to work with snow leopard 10.6.8?

Thanks!

I'm not messing with it. I have no SL install. Its up to the people on there to find a fix.

Is it normal that as soon as I disconnect my power supply it says 96%?

Mine now is 99% when I disconnect the power plug.
I think, at least to mine, this is because the battery is losing performance and can store less power than a new one.
It is normal for the batteries to losing storage capacity during time.

nikstar said:
Mine now is 99% when I disconnect the power plug.
I think, at least to mine, this is because the battery is losing performance and can store less power than a new one.
It is normal for the batteries to losing storage capacity during time.

If it was due to the battery degrading it would still register as 100% full, just some of the cells wouldn't have charge in them.
And i've only had the machine 7 or 8 weeks and have drained it completely once already. (apparently doing this at least once a month on your phone or laptop will increase the life of the cells at the bottom of the battery. The ones that die 1st from never being stimulated in windows because it always goes into sleep mode when it reaches 7%) I've done this on all my mobile phones and my previous laptop (over 2 years old) and it still has a battery life of over 2 hours watching standard def movies from the hard drive.
I've never used my probook on battery before so never noticed if it's the same in lion or in previous installs.

No but it is however strange, I just removed the charger, waited until it said 95% then connected the charger.
It went from 95% to 100%

Version 3.0.2 (December 13th, 2011):
-Changed description for OS X version files so you know it doesn't erase your DSDT now.
-Changed to a 1 second timeout, since it lasts longer then actually 1 second.
-Updated Chimera to v1.7.0

first post of Lion thread.

Version 3.0.3 (December 13th, 2011):
-Fixed a bug which caused the i5 or i7 CPU kexts to not install

same place- First post in lion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back