Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dewitts said:
It wasn't in the pack you gave me a few days ago, have you added it to the new installer?
P.S. you now need to update your signature ;)

It should be. Unless I left it out. I'll double check when I am home this afternoon.

Just done a full wipe and reinstall using the new installer and I don't have the extra.kext any more and that contained the voodoohda.kext and applehdadisabler.kext.

On a negative side on 1st boot after running the installer my desktop had a grey box and some lines.
I never had lines on Snow leopard before :confused:

I've attached a photo... Unfortunately the lines have gone but the box stays there no matter what you do.

Attachments

• box.tiff
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,067
On reboot the grey box had gone (note it was on the desktop and another one showed up in a different location in the imovie program) but I had a mouse icon in the corner after I had moved the mouse. I tried to get a grab of it but it vanished

Dewitts said:
Just done a full wipe and reinstall using the new installer and I don't have the extra.kext any more and that contained the voodoohda.kext and applehdadisabler.kext.

On a negative side on 1st boot after running the installer my desktop had a grey box and some lines.
I never had lines on Snow leopard before :confused:

I've attached a photo... Unfortunately the lines have gone but the box stays there no matter what you do.

I've not changed much for SL. The difference probably is the AppleHDA.

For some reason I can't get my internet to work?!

Any suggestions? Everything else works gravy but can't get on the internet???

It can't find any networks to join and it won't recognize an ethernet cable plugged in.

Try deleting all the Internet connections in systems prefs and add them all back.

I did try that but to no avail. Is it possible that i'm missing the appropriate kexts?

Edit: Also, Do I need to add a different interface for connecting with an ethernet cable?

Thanks!

There needs to be an ethernet and wifi one. If you used the installer, it should work.

@BKRIBBS I finally got it working. What I did was open multibeast and install lnx2mac's rltk driver and it worked perfect! Maybe check the installer to ensure that this driver gets installed and that you didn't have an artifact when you did it. I used the installer from a fresh install so I wouldn't have had any artifacts.

Let me know if I can be of service to you! :headbang:

That's not the kext I use as he won't let anyone distribute it.

EDIT- I checked, and it installs correctly for Lion and works. Can others confirm this does not work in Snow Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back