Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done the clean install and migration assistant (making sure to not include "other files" option) and when I go to run MultiBeast with either your suggested settings or the plain old UserDSDT it fails. Any suggestions?

Edit: I'm going to try doing another clean install and then migrating afterwards rather than before.
Try booting with the UniBeast USB thumb drive, selecting your new installation but booting with a -x. Then, run MultiBeast.

Today, Mavericks 10.9.2 was released. Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.2 (recommend using the Combo Update);
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just just select:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > With DSDT > ALC889 audio driver to install, and
:ch: TRIM (if needed);​
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

Once again, life is good. :thumbup:

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

I have the same board.

I have a MSI 650 Ti Boost

I install that into the 16x slot on the mobo and dont get graphics, no BIOS no nothing.

I take the card out, install it into the 8x slot and get graphics perfectly fine.

Then here is the kicker.

I take my older GeForce 9600GT and install that in the 8x slot and put the 650 Ti in the 16x and get graphics from both cards.

I want the 16x slot to work because I need the pci slots.

I have tried removing every pci card - no fix

turning off all peripherals in the BIOS - no fix

putting just the 9600GT in the 16x slot with nothing in the 8x slot - no fix.

--

It just seems like if only one card is in the 16x slot i get no graphics and I dont get it

Would you agree its a board issue?

Would you agree its a board issue?
Yes, I would agree if you get the same results with Windoze or Linux. Have you tried those OS's?

I have tried with windows, but i dont think the OS would matter if I cant even access the BIOS with the card in the slot.

I should be able to take out all peripherals and hard drives and plug a graphics card in and still get to the BIOS. But I dont get anything.

Its almost as if the motherboard has a faulty sensor that tells the board how to recognize cards correctly.

I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing a BIOS setting or anything. I tried everything I could think of

In the BIOS Advanced BIOS Features, what are you using for the Init Display First parameter? The default setting is PCI. Try, PCIEx16 option.

Sounds like RMA time if your motherboard is within warranty period. I can't think of anything to do as you've proven the MSI 650 Ti card works when used in conjunction with the 9800.

Thanks.

Just getting a second opinion.

I already got the RMA, just wanted to confirm I had tried everything

I love the board, its perfect for my application, so I will hopefully get a working one

Thanks.

Just getting a second opinion.

I already got the RMA, just wanted to confirm I had tried everything

I love the board, its perfect for my application, so I will hopefully get a working one
Both of my Z68X-UD3H based systems have been great performers. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back