Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
just upgraded to 1073 no problems thanks loads bk and looking at my geek score
Fu@@ing Hell wasnt expecting that , think i can say the new i7 edits are working ok :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 11.37.43.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 11.37.43.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 142
BigDonkey said:
herredgar said:
blueking said:
Sounds like your fn and ctrl keys got flipped.

Affirmative!
Try disconnecting power cable and removing battery for 1 minute or so.
If this doesn't help resetting BIOS to defaults should bring things to normal.

Perhaps hit the power button when the battery is out as well to get the electricity out.

Worked! But still, a strange behaviour, isn't it? Do you have any reasonable explanation for how this happened ?

herredgar said:
Worked! But still, a strange behaviour, isn't it? Do you have any reasonable explanation for how this happened
It looks like it is a hardware issue.
I discover the same issue to me when I boot at my win 7 partition for test something (I work only at OSX) when I try to use shortcuts with the ctrl key and the problem was transferred to OSX partition. So it looks like this is a bug (I think so)

Jovius

so everything works on your i7 using bk's. 3.2 installer
no xtra kexts to replace after?
Thanks

blueking said:
John V said:
After I used the combo updater I restarted without running the new installer first... now I get a kernel panic on restart. How do I fix?

Thanks! John

boot with -s
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
halt

then boot and run the installer.

Thanks.... but how to do I input -s ? On my desktop I have the option on startup to go into darwin.. but not with the HP.
Thanks!

On chameleon boot screen hit the space bar once and a text dialog window will open at the bottom of the screen and there type -s and hit enter. Then after a while you will be at a dos like enviroment and there you can type what blueking said.

nikstar said:
On chameleon boot screen hit the space bar once and a text dialog window will open at the bottom of the screen and there type -s and hit enter. Then after a while you will be at a dos like enviroment and there you can type what blueking said.

Thanks... had to hit the spacebar twice to reveal text dialog box.. but!

After entering -s and going through the dos like lines it stops at "System uptime in Nanoseconds: 82341234" with no way to enter more commands! What's next?!

I tried a usb keyboard just incase the onboard keyword stopped working... but no luck.

Thanks!

blueking,

so is 3.2.0 good to go?
or you still gonna tweak it for wifi, bluetooth, i7 etc?

i'm thinking of giving this a shot tonight... thanks again

John V said:
nikstar said:

Thanks... had to hit the spacebar twice to reveal text dialog box.. but!

After entering -s and going through the dos like lines it stops at "System uptime in Nanoseconds: 82341234" with no way to enter more commands! What's next?!

I tried a usb keyboard just incase the onboard keyword stopped working... but no luck.

Thanks!

Oh. Boot with rBoot then.

musiclee said:
blueking,

so is 3.2.0 good to go?
or you still gonna tweak it for wifi, bluetooth, i7 etc?

i'm thinking of giving this a shot tonight... thanks again

Its good to go.

THANKS again

bk, what's your name? :)
feel bad calling you blueking all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back