Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
atriaventrica said:
You have 8 gb ram and no graphic artifacts? What bios are you running and where'd you get the memory?

Also, I know a few weeks ago blueking was talking about adding the turbo boost fix, is this done yet? No pressure just asking as I didn't see it on the fixed or to be fixed list on the first post.

Yep that's right. After the installation there werent any glitches. After a few updates they returned. But at least i repaired the permissiones and now everything is such fine :)

I bought the memory in germany at conrad. Its 4gb original bar and one from transcend which i bought at conrad. Bios version is f20

I thought turbo boost is working? actually i dont know. can i test it?

moly82 said:
in my actual hack mirror mode doesn't work also.. but extension mode does.. I hoped at least extension mode worked also in this hack!
..otherwise I can't use it as desktop replacement :( I think I will have to choose another hack.. maybe a MacMini hack.. :(

thanks bye! ;)
Extension mode is working. Someone reported that mirror is working on HDMI port. Give a try and search here at 4530s subforum for more info

saspsyche said:
I have 4530s w/ 10.7.2, 3.1.0 patcher, and bios f.09 working beautifully, BUT I have read that upgrading to bios f.20 solves the graphic artifacts problem with addition of second 4gb memory module. Would like to add 4gb, but experience graphic artifacts with my current configuration. Can someone verify that upgrading bios will solve this issue. Thanks in advance for your help.
I have bios F.09 with 8gb ram and not graphic issues. So, nobody can tell for sure if the F.20 will solve your problem

nikstar said:
Extension mode is working. Someone reported that mirror is working on HDMI port. Give a try and search here at 4530s subforum for more info

thanks! I will ;)

I have F20, 8Gb RAM and time to time i get those goddamn line glitches :( Also at least 1 freeze per day is a norm.

Acc3L said:
I have F20, 8Gb RAM and time to time i get those goddamn line glitches :( Also at least 1 freeze per day is a norm.

I've got an 8GB stick coming. Hopefully we'll be able to find out if it's the 2 sticks that cause the issue or just going to 8GB and software issues/glitches. I got the issue with 2x2GB sticks of ram, but now I'm not getting it with my 1x4GB stick that came with my 4530s. Weird.

I use at the moment 2x4GB and no glitches as far

EDIT: I have to correct. First glitches

Acc3L said:

f I had the same problem and freezes were common. Before freezing more often come out with lines. Reinstall the system but the problem persisted. As the problem was resolved by entering the setup, load defaults and so far everything is going perfect, with no freezing or lines. I have F20, 8Gb RAM

Good deal on the ram. Now was turbo boost added to 3.1.0 with the i5 kernels?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thanks everyone who made this possible (blueking :thumbup: )
I've just bought my probook 4530's but I had to swap my wifi card (Ralink) with an Atheros (ordered on the HP site by following your advice) and everything is working fine by now. I'm very happy to have such a great hackintosh at this range of price.

I've just one question :
How can I upgrade the bios under Mac OS X without having to install a windows partition. Can we upgrade straight from the bios ?

Thanks for the answer and thanks again for everything.

About 8Gb of memory and video problem: do you guys patch your dsdt after add memory?
If not - you can try do it.
Today i buy 4530s and now only installing osx...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back