Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
gnugelhupf said:
Okay, major snafu: I gave my father his perfectly working 4730s with 10.7.1, explicitly telling him repeatedly that he can do pretty much anything with it - EXCEPT FOR RUNNING A SYSTEM UPDATE!

Well, have a guess what he did just after he migrated all his stuff from his 10.5.8 Powerbook!...

Ofcourse he didn't run the HP installer afterwards, so it won't boot anymore... Now I thought I'd try to get it booting again before i re-do it all again from the 10.7.0 image i have back-upped somewhere still (the plan was doing another backup after he migrated his data, but he managed to kill it even before that!). Maybe for some magical reason 10.7.2 now does work without the graphics lagging?

Anyhow, I can't get it to boot. It hangs at "still waiting for root device", no matter what I boot it with (-x -v, from the Unibeast stick)... Any recommendations on how to get in so I can run the installer?

TIA!...

Boot with -v, not -x.

Nopes, no go, whenever I leave out -x it just kernelpanics, both booting the internal HD from Unibeast and from the installed Chimera!
There's a message just before the waiting for root device, something about selecing the root device from the uuid, dict=0 whatever, IOProviderclass blabla... Does that tell you anything?
So far I have only managed to boot from unibeast itself. I tried opening a terminal and mounting the internal HD, to try and copy over some necessary files manually from the installer, but it seems to fail. shouldn't mount -t hfsplus /dev/rdisk0s2 /target be the correct syntax?

A Guide for Installing ProBook Installer after OSX install..

would be VERY helpful ...please (with screen pics)

p.s. please add i7 options, even if same as i5

blueking said:
If you boot -v

can you be more specific what happens?

It kernelpanics. Loads RealtekRTL81xx, then IntelCPUMonitor 8 times and then the panic.

What you you want to know? Here's some stuff that might be relevant:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Boot args: boot-uuid= <bla bla infinite number> rd=*uuid -v
Mac OS version: Not yet set
Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0
System model name: MacbookPro8.1

blueking

being that THIS is probably THE most important topic/thread on this forum
perhaps you should make it a Sticky?

and maybe lock THIS thread and have JUST your instructions, no responses
this would keep this thread short and on topic :)

if people then have issues they can start a new topic like "boot error xxx when installing", etc,

pics would be awesome too,
and maybe even more detailed instructions,
at times i wasn't sure what or how to do things... (many like me coming from PC need the Idiots guide)

musiclee said:
blueking

if people then have issues they can start a new topic like "boot error xxx when installing", etc,

at times i wasn't sure what or how to do things... (many like me coming from PC need the Idiots guide)

+1 on that
The install guide should be a separate sticky thread with no discussions. we should leave this thread open for discussions.There is a ton of useful information in this thread.

I wish there was a "search in this thread" feature .That would have been super useful

devmasa said:
I wish there was a "search in this thread" feature .That would have been super useful

Haha, welcome to the blind men's club! ;-D Check the very bottom left of the page, i also couldn't see it...

Re: A Guide for Installing ProBook Installer after OSX install..

musiclee said:
would be VERY helpful ...please (with screen pics)

p.s. please add i7 options, even if same as i5

Merging this with the lion thread.

You can ask and we will tell you. Its very self explanatory.

As for i7, please post here: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=42503

musiclee said:
blueking

I don't want to have that many threads on here in response though.

gnugelhupf said:
blueking said:
If you boot -v

can you be more specific what happens?

It kernelpanics. Loads RealtekRTL81xx, then IntelCPUMonitor 8 times and then the panic.

What you you want to know? Here's some stuff that might be relevant:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Boot args: boot-uuid= <bla bla infinite number> rd=*uuid -v
Mac OS version: Not yet set
Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0
System model name: MacbookPro8.1

Try with rBoot-LE and make sure if you have the additional card it is disabled.

gnugelhupf said:
devmasa said:

Haha, welcome to the blind men's club! ;-D Check the very bottom left of the page, i also couldn't see it...

you can click search at the top, type in what you're looking for then underneath (about an inch or so) it says choose a forum.
scroll down to 10.7 laptop and underneath you'll see 4530s subforum ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back