Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
DavGerm4 said:
Mine also had the Ralink, which didn't work, so I got the Atheros one!

This is where I got my card: http://www.alinc.com/search.php?mode=se ... 593127-001

Cheap, and shipping was pretty quick!

I'm about to get a 4430s i5. What model do you have so I can watch out for the model that it did not came with atheros. How is Lion in this i5? any graphic issue. My i3 is sometimes to none.

I have some graphic issues, but I think it's because I have 8GB RAM installed. Nothing major, and really nice running smoothly!

I am getting frustrated trying to find the Atheros wifi card.
Looks like everyone including HP is out of stock on that wifi card.
Has anyone ordered and received one recently ?
Either way, what is the correct number for the working card ? Is it Atheros AR5B195 or Atheros AR9285 ?

Also, does USB Wi-fi adapter work for on this machine ?
I was thinking of this :
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-802-11n- ... B004HYHZJY

Okay, major snafu: I gave my father his perfectly working 4730s with 10.7.1, explicitly telling him repeatedly that he can do pretty much anything with it - EXCEPT FOR RUNNING A SYSTEM UPDATE!

Well, have a guess what he did just after he migrated all his stuff from his 10.5.8 Powerbook!...

Ofcourse he didn't run the HP installer afterwards, so it won't boot anymore... Now I thought I'd try to get it booting again before i re-do it all again from the 10.7.0 image i have back-upped somewhere still (the plan was doing another backup after he migrated his data, but he managed to kill it even before that!). Maybe for some magical reason 10.7.2 now does work without the graphics lagging?

Anyhow, I can't get it to boot. It hangs at "still waiting for root device", no matter what I boot it with (-x -v, from the Unibeast stick)... Any recommendations on how to get in so I can run the installer?

TIA!...

gnugelhupf said:
Okay, major snafu: I gave my father his perfectly working 4730s with 10.7.1, explicitly telling him repeatedly that he can do pretty much anything with it - EXCEPT FOR RUNNING A SYSTEM UPDATE!

Well, have a guess what he did just after he migrated all his stuff from his 10.5.8 Powerbook!...

Ofcourse he didn't run the HP installer afterwards, so it won't boot anymore... Now I thought I'd try to get it booting again before i re-do it all again from the 10.7.0 image i have back-upped somewhere still (the plan was doing another backup after he migrated his data, but he managed to kill it even before that!). Maybe for some magical reason 10.7.2 now does work without the graphics lagging?

Anyhow, I can't get it to boot. It hangs at "still waiting for root device", no matter what I boot it with (-x -v, from the Unibeast stick)... Any recommendations on how to get in so I can run the installer?

TIA!...

Perhaps booting with USB, opening terminal and copying -R couple essential kexts like AppleACPI, NullCPUPower, FakeSMC into /Extra/Extensions folder
can't remember if this is enough to boot without trying.
All above assuming you have still intact dsdt.aml org.chameleon and SMBios in /Extra

4530s... HP ProBook Installer instructions

blueking

i created unibeast, loaded OS,
but can't boot to HD
bunch of errors, so

can you PLEASE tell me all the settings i must choose in installer?
i have an i7, but that's not listed, only 2-i5's
i have Radeon, but wasn't sure if i had to select that one ( i know i must disable in BIOS)
then was uncertain whether to choose alternate, etc

maybe you can post a screenshot of all choices, and check off what i need to choose.

and if i want to change my settings, just re-run installer?
or must i remove some files somehow before?

would greatly appreciate your help, or anyones...
with a detailed step-by-step for this installer..

i'm anxious to get my laptop to boot up

devmasa said:

Yes, ordered mine from HP on Jan 23 and it arrived today :eek: ... so it was actually faster/cheaper than ordering from an overseas seller on ebay. Part number is 593127-001.

gnugelhupf said:

TIA!...

Boot with -v, not -x.

Re: 4530s... HP ProBook Installer instructions

I'm merging this with the install lion thread as it belongs there.

You need to select the version of os x you are on. Your CPU currently has no support, go see the i5 thread to get it.

Select a DSDT under the radeon for your version. That's all you have to do.

malone46844 said:
devmasa said:

Yes, ordered mine from HP on Jan 23 and it arrived today :eek: ... so it was actually faster/cheaper than ordering from an overseas seller on ebay. Part number is 593127-001.

Dang it ! I ordered mine on Jan 24 and it says part on extended backorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back