Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blueking,

So if I close the laptop, and open it back up, can I not get back into OSX without restarting the system? Also, is the webcam functional for anyone?

As long as you installed the installer you should be able to. You needed to select a dsdt if you didn't.

Webcam works.

blueking said:
As long as you installed the installer you should be able to. You needed to select a dsdt if you didn't.

Webcam works.

So I selected the DSDT for F09 since that is what my BIOS is currently at, and when i open the laptop back up, I can't get back to OSX. Pressing the Power doesn't do anything, and nothing like that. Do I need to update the BIOS maybe? And my webcam doesn't seem to be functional... At least with FaceTime App, it says no webcam available?

Updated the BIOS and still doesn't come back from sleep, I'm now at F20. Don't know what it is...

I ran the installer, was I supposed to select the manual files?

DavGerm4 said:
Thanks for the guide! I installed this on my ProBook 4430s that I got for school, and it runs so much smooth!

Also, I have the Ralink Wireless card, and all I can say is it SUCKS! I can't get a constant connection without losing it! I ordered the Dell 1510 Card, cause I know those have worked in other Hackintosh builds, so I'm hoping that it works on this system! I'll keep you updated on that, should be here the 27th!

Thanks again!

Be careful, cause some cards will be rejected by Bios.

BkRibbs,

A big thank you to you and the forum members. I'm not going Lion yet because I still love the PC Softwares. One question in 10.7.2 update, what is the difference in standalone and combo? Thanks!

blueking: Yeah, after i posted, i did what you said and it installed. But after reboot i get Kernel panic -
imag0005xa.jpg

Merry christmas to all :headbang:

After update new HP ProBook Installer V3, when i reboot, laptop alway boot into DHCP....

My laptop is 4530s XU015UT, BIOS F.20, and I chose correctly in HP Installer.

I don't know why, before it don't

How can i fix that?

Merry X-Mas :)

I tryied to use coconutBattery to see healthly of my battery and this app said I haven't got battery <lol>...
Is any possibility to read information about battery and healthy by this program? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back