Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. System prefs, bluetooth, advanced, uncheck top two.

2. I just disabled tap dragging.

3. cheap screen :p

4. Never seen that.

5. I think if it is HDMI you can just close it? But I could be wrong.

6. Correct, for software updates, all that needs updated is the system files. (Unless something else has been updated- which can be seen in the change log.)

blueking said:
My lion has only 2-finger scrolling :cry:
what gestures do we have? and how to enable? tks

here's my trackpad setting

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-24 at 12.52.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-24 at 12.52.27 AM.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 165
i have a super 4530s that i upgraded my self to a i7-2670QM 2.2ghz and 8gb of ram i was lucky to find somebody selling that processer for a good price so i love my 4530s i don't think i need any other laptop for a while i just wanted to know has anybody solution for the graphic glitches besides downgrading memory

I promise you I tried to follow your guide to SL a few times and it never worked. I also tried to follow your Lion guide using the tutorial involving a DVD version and it kernel panicked the hell out of my pro book (same one you're using) each time i tried it. But alas, finally I had success.

I followed your DVD version tutorial on another site and instead of using the packages there, I just used the installer from here and it finally worked........and it was good. Basically, I used pieces of both tutorials because neither one on its own will work for me. It was looking bad at first, as it seemed I was going to have kernel panic issues at the point where you instruct us to reboot using just -v and then install the pro book installer. I had to fiddle around between using chimera to boot back and using the boot disk to load Lion. Ultimately, I finally got it to go through w/out having a seizure using the boot disk. Once I was in and ran the installer, everything was up and running.

So, for those having kernel panics at the same point, you may try using different boot methods. In fact, I don't even think I used -v boot flag. I just selected Lion and let it ride. Perhaps I was lucky, but that will soon be determined as I'm installing Lion over SL in my other pro book (same model). Additionally, I ran disk utility to repair permissions after I ran the pro book installer and before I did the final reboot.

Thanks for the tutorial. While its not flawless, with a little time and patience, it gets the job done. By far, I have to say you're tutorials are the best. Considering what we're trying to accomplish here, that's saying a lot. :cool:

I'm sorry for what seems like a stupid question right now;

Where is the Probook Installer? I've just got Lion up and running on a 4530s. I'm following the instructions but I've missed something. I can't find the installer. What did I miss?

sky6rep said:
I'm sorry for what seems like a stupid question right now;

Where is the Probook Installer? I've just got Lion up and running on a 4530s. I'm following the instructions but I've missed something. I can't find the installer. What did I miss?

download/file.php?id=19803

Thanks for the link. That helped a lot.

Also, I started over with the installer disc. This time there is a folder "Packages" that wasn't there last time. Apparently I should be patient and not flip out, and just retry before I beg for help.

I have 4530s with i5-2430M and AMD Radeon HD 6490M.
I followed the guide but i can't get OSX to install. When the OSX installer shows "less than a minute remaining", the screen goes black and thats all. I tried waiting hoping it's just a glitch and the setup will restart when the installation completes but nothing happens. The PC is running, but the screen is black. When i hard shutdown it and reboot from the USB drive it shows that can i ban boot from HDD. But when i choose that option - kernel panic.
I'm trying to install 10.7.2, did as guide said - used unibeast to create usb after that applied 3.0.5 installer (10.7.2, BIOS F20, i5 & i7 support options checked). Also i have Switchable graphics option disabled in BIOS.
Any ideas?

Thanks for the guide! I installed this on my ProBook 4430s that I got for school, and it runs so much smooth!

Also, I have the Ralink Wireless card, and all I can say is it SUCKS! I can't get a constant connection without losing it! I ordered the Dell 1510 Card, cause I know those have worked in other Hackintosh builds, so I'm hoping that it works on this system! I'll keep you updated on that, should be here the 27th!

Thanks again!

Acc3L said:
I have 4530s with i5-2430M and AMD Radeon HD 6490M.
I followed the guide but i can't get OSX to install. When the OSX installer shows "less than a minute remaining", the screen goes black and thats all. I tried waiting hoping it's just a glitch and the setup will restart when the installation completes but nothing happens. The PC is running, but the screen is black. When i hard shutdown it and reboot from the USB drive it shows that can i ban boot from HDD. But when i choose that option - kernel panic.
I'm trying to install 10.7.2, did as guide said - used unibeast to create usb after that applied 3.0.5 installer (10.7.2, BIOS F20, i5 & i7 support options checked). Also i have Switchable graphics option disabled in BIOS.
Any ideas?

keep moving the mouse during install every 5 to 10 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back