Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For right now I wouldn't update the bios... but you need to know the bios version as the installer will "ask" for the bios version.

Step 1
Reboot your HP laptop.

Step 2
Press "F1" or "F10" repeatedly until the BIOS loads. The initial boot screen should display which one of those two keys you should press, but you can also alternately press them both without any ill effects.

Step 3
Look for "BIOS Revision" on the first screen. You should see a decimal number and a date. These correspond to your BIOS revision.

Write the BIOS down just so you don't forget during installation.

Step 4
Press "F10" to exit the BIOS. You may also have to click "Yes" to confirm to exit.

I got UniBeast 1.1.0 installed onto my usb and followed the guide up to step 6 but the usb boots up with a black screen, shows the mac bootup screen for a few seconds, and then goes back to black screen. I tried steps 1 to 6 over and over but nothing seems to work. Is this because of my graphics card? Because my 4530s has a radeon graphic card but I have no idea how to disable the graphics on the F.0A bios.
Photo on 2012-03-30 at 04.40.jpg
Isn't there supposed to be some sort of option to disable the graphics here?

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-03-30 at 04.40.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 180
machackaddict said:
Damm it. Im stuck at the Usb keyboard bit. I dont have a scooby do what the Help section commands mean. Can somebody help me get by the Usb keyboard part when installing Lion Please.

You don't have a usb keyboard laying around? Don't know about commands either.

stephenkil12 said:
I got UniBeast 1.1.0 installed onto my usb and followed the guide up to step 6 but the usb boots up with a black screen, shows the mac bootup screen for a few seconds, and then goes back to black screen. I tried steps 1 to 6 over and over but nothing seems to work. Is this because of my graphics card? Because my 4530s has a radeon graphic card but I have no idea how to disable the graphics on the F.0A bios.

Yeah it's somewhere in the BIOS to disable graphic card... it's not the most easiest thing to navigate in.

John V said:
stephenkil12 said:

Yeah it's somewhere in the BIOS to disable graphic card... it's not the most easiest thing to navigate in.

I went through all the system configuration menus (language, boot options, device configurations, built-in device options, port options, set security level, restore security defaults, BIOS power-on) but I can't find it. What's the setting called? Theres nothing else in bios except security and system info (btw this is my first time doing something like this, so I have no idea how to navigate through BIOS settings and stuff).

machackaddict said:
Damm it. Im stuck at the Usb keyboard bit. I dont have a scooby do what the Help section commands mean. Can somebody help me get by the Usb keyboard part when installing Lion Please.

Here is the answer but How do you do it??

If you can't get a keyboard, then you may boot after your install with -s. Follow the two commands listed, and then type nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist and edit out(you will have to scroll down) :
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Then hit fn + o, enter, and fn + x. Then hit exit.

stephenkil12 said:
I went through all the system configuration menus (language, boot options, device configurations, built-in device options, port options, set security level, restore security defaults, BIOS power-on) but I can't find it. What's the setting called? Theres nothing else in bios except security and system info (btw this is my first time doing something like this, so I have no idea how to navigate through BIOS settings and stuff).

Wish I could help you more but I don't have my HP with me and it doesn't have the extra graphic card. The BIOS does have tabs on top that can be navigated using the left and right arrow keys... if that helps.

John V said:
stephenkil12 said:

Wish I could help you more but I don't have my HP with me and it doesn't have the extra graphic card. The BIOS does have tabs on top that can be navigated using the left and right arrow keys... if that helps.

Is it switchable graphics? I tried turning that off but the same thing happens. Also, my 4530s doesn't show the installer usb in boot options when I first boot up. It only shows when I press f10 to go into BIOS settings and then reboot. And the usb shows as something like USB Hard Drive 1 [USB Memorette] instead of "installer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back