Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been answered... but will there be 10.8 support when it is released to public?

Badd_Blood said:
Not sure if this has been answered... but will there be 10.8 support when it is released to public?

Someone here has already tried the 10.8.0 and said that all works good.
He is still using NullCPU.kext so no speedstep.
As soon as the 10.8.0 is released, someone will patch AICPUPM.kext for speed stepping, then yes.

There will be support for it offered, so long as it functions still.

It seems that it should function just as well, if not better, which is great.

Hi Guys,

I'm facing a frustrating issue while installing Lion on my 4530s. I made the bootable Lion usb drive using a friend's mac. First attempt went fine and lion installed perfectly. But then I decided to have a multi boot system and formatted the HDD and made partitions to make room for both mac and win 7. Now the problem is, whenever I try to boot from the usb drive, it fails and Im stuck at a blank screen. I tried installing snow leopard with a bootable dvd, even it has the same issue. Windows 7 boots fine via usb or dvd but any flavor of Mac is not booting up via dvd or usb.

I have tried using different usb ports. I have tried updating the Bios. Nothing seems to be working. Help please!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 136
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 152
Geekbench in Lion better and 10.7.3 performance a lot better then SL.

Hey Guys! I was wondering if everyone with the Atheros AR9285 wlan chipset gets connections at only 65 Mbps? It is a 150 Mbps card so I would expect connections of atleast 130 Mbps.

omairadil said:
I made the bootable Lion usb drive using a friend's mac. First attempt went fine and lion installed perfectly. But then I decided to have a multi boot system and formatted the HDD and made partitions to make room for both mac and win 7. Now the problem is, whenever I try to boot from the usb drive, it fails and Im stuck at a blank screen.

I'm not clear. Did you install Lion on an external HD that was attached to a Mac, and then attempt to boot up with that same external HD attached to your Probook? If so, that won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back